impeller upgrades

Cobragixxer9994

Established Member
im looking at doing an impeller upgrade to my v2 sci. i really dont want to machine the volute and i prefer to do it myself.so far i have 4 different options
1 vortech si impeller upgrade
2 928 motorsports impeller
3 jon bond impeller upgrade
4 superchargerebuilds.com 8/8 impeller
(i read this needs the volute machined)
any insight or experience would be helpful thank you

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't think you're going to get a lot of replies. I don't think I know of anyone that's upgraded just the impeller. In the past the guys would sell their old head unit and get a new one. I'd just go with whatever option is easiest.

Last edited:

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I haven't done it yet but I plan on going with 928 Motorsports. like mentioned its not too much info out there but the info I did find was positive with their stuff. I do plan on sending the entire blower to them though to freshen it up.

JGDogg10

Established Member
I have a 928 Motorsports impeller installed on my v1 s trim and absolutely love it. Have never had any issues and it felt way stronger throughout the entire rpm range after install. I can’t give an exact number because the impeller was just one of many mods that went on the car at the same time, but I will say it def builds more boost and feels like it comes on sooner.
I upgraded to a ysi, so the kit is actually for sale now, but I’d 100% use a 928 impeller again

B7C3EDC8-73AC-43E3-A32C-D8AA49FECCB2.jpeg
C8D7DCE7-8460-4A21-B9EA-39650CC48237.jpeg

JGDogg10

Established Member
No I had a local performance shop do it. It didn’t look that hard, I asked if I could watch the process, I just didn’t want to shim it improperly and cause damage. But I def feel like if you took your time with it, it is 100% doable at home.

Cobragixxer9994

Established Member
did the shop say it was necessary to be shimmed
No I had a local performance shop do it. It didn’t look that hard, I asked if I could watch the process, I just didn’t want to shim it improperly and cause damage. But I def feel like if you took your time with it, it is 100% doable at home.

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

JGDogg10

Established Member
Well if yours has shims then you would reuse them or use new ones of the same thickness. It’s just to make sure the tolerance is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread