Impact Tools

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
I am finishing my home garage, where would be the best online place to purchase high quality impact sockets and tools?

:beer:

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Thanks you guys, most all my tool purchases have been craftman tools, including the craftsman air compressor. Looks like I am in the right spot. Thanks again for the help.

:beer:

highmiles

Established Member
www.ontool.com was by far the best website and prices. I've been to mytoolstore, handtools, toolsource and many others. You could search by type, maker, sort by price or call up and have them add the item you were looking for. The prices were great and they were suppliers of all of major/minor automotive brands.

Does anyone know what happen to them? They went off the air a month ago and I still haven't found a site with the selection, prices or web content.

Thanks.

Last edited:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I have $15,000 worth of Snap-On tools (bought in the '70s so they didn't cost that much then), and probably an equal amount in Craftsman. Wondered why people called them "Snap-Off". Over the years, any Craftsman tool that failed was cheerfully exchanged at no cost (even when the chrome flaked off a ratched head that I dropped). Any Snap-On tool that failed was met with "Sorry, you didn't buy it from me", or "we don't stock that model any more". Bah, buy Craftsman! My impact wrench I belive is Chicago Pneumatic, but the sockets are Craftsman. None have ever failed.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Sears is close by if you break or need a replacement. They have some good professional quality tools.

Snap On, Mac and Matco are good tools. A few more bucks and a little harder to track down if you need a replacement..

Sears! :thumbsup:

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
I've picked up cheap impact sockets form Harbor Freight. They are made in China or something, but none have ever broken, even with the IR Thundergun hammering on them for five minutes straight.

Users who are viewing this thread