Immaculate Mystic Cobra for $12,350 obo

Seppi088

Banned
Wow, man your mystic is amazing! Whats the reason for selling? For your asking price its a steal! I also have a mystic, and it needs some paint work because the fender was burnt threw with a buffer from the person I bought it from. How do you get the paint? I heard its a pain, do you happend to have any left that you can sell me?

Sapperstang

Established Member
I would love to buy this car but would have to have it shipped to NC and I also think it's priced a bit high. I would give somewhere around 10,500-11000. Sweet car. Carfax shows it was a fleet vehicle and has had frame damage.

Last edited:

MYSTIC NA COBRA

Established Member
Sapperstang said:
I would love to buy this car but would have to have it shipped to NC and I also think it's priced a bit high. I would give somewhere around 10,500-11000. Sweet car. Carfax shows it was a fleet vehicle and has had frame damage.

That's weird, are you sure you got the correct vin number? I have a Carfax report to prove that this car has never been a fleet vehicle and there is definately no frame damage.

This car has NEVER been in a wreck.

I will post the car fax print out tomorrow.

asskickn88

Established Member
I got the same thing when I carfaxed it..... fleet vehicle and a report from a body shop. I have an 89 Saleen that has the same thing on the carfax and was in a very minor fender bender. The damage is still on the car now and its only on the edge of the front bumper so the ding on a carfax could be anything. TTT for ya!

MYSTIC NA COBRA

Established Member
Jeff or Sapperstang,

Can you guys e-mail me or pm me the car fax that you guys have? Thanks!

... and again this car DOESN'T have frame damage.

Post on this thread from 02/01/06 @1:45 p.m.
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsome devil
Sweet looking car. This car ever have body and paintwork? Can you get some pics of any imperfections in the paint if they exist, along w/ detailed interior pics?

No bodywork. The car had some paintwork done in the past by a well known bodyshop in So Cal. There is no imperfections in the paint.

asskickn88

Established Member
I just checked and I dont have it anymore. It says that it was checked out at a body shop after an accident but that description is generic. I was told that if it is in a body shop for even some touch up on the paint that is what will come up when you run it. I have also seen many people that say you cant touch up the paint and that is total BS. Mine has had a few spots touched up and you cant tell, I only knew because the guy told me. I really wanted to get your car but found a deal that I couldnt pass up.

MYSTIC NA COBRA

Established Member
asskickn88 said:
I just checked and I dont have it anymore. It says that it was checked out at a body shop after an accident but that description is generic. I was told that if it is in a body shop for even some touch up on the paint that is what will come up when you run it. I have also seen many people that say you cant touch up the paint and that is total BS. Mine has had a few spots touched up and you cant tell, I only knew because the guy told me. I really wanted to get your car but found a deal that I couldnt pass up.

Here is my CARFAX report from 12/13/04. I can assure you guys that since I've had the car, it has only been to the body shop for paintwork at The Painting Place in Thousands Oaks,CA. (please ignore the date on the bottom of the page. review page 8 for the CARFAX request date).

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

6.gif

7a.gif

8.gif

asskickn88

Established Member
Here, I had one ran today.

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1FALP47V8TF184693). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register at www.CARFAX.com to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1FALP47V8TF184693) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This coupe has had 2 owners and was owned in Ohio and California. It was originally registered as a corporate fleet vehicle. It was owned by a company that manages its own fleet of vehicles. These vehicles are typically used by smaller companies like banks or firms for business purposes.
It was at a collision repair facility after an accident or other incident and frame damage was reported. Go to framefacts.com for information about frame damage.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 8,760 miles per year, which is lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 11/15/2005, was 84,021 miles.
It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback or LEMON.
Its basic warranty has expired. You may want to discuss an extended warranty with your dealer.
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary
1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Other Accident Indicators Accident Indicator Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 2 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Originally Registered as a Corporate Fleet Vehicle
5. RECALL CHECK
Recall Information Is Now Available From FORD
6. WARRANTY CHECK
No Coverage Remaining on Basic Warranty. Interested in an Extended Warranty?
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 18 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Year/Make/Model: 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 4.6L V8 EFI DOHC 32V
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: UNITED STATES
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer

Find great cars just listed in your area — for FREE. View more listings for this type of vehicle
1996 FORD MUSTANG GT Listed 18 hours ago
Body Style: Coupe
Engine Type: 4.6L V8 EFI 16V SOHC
Free CARFAX Vehicle History Report Greenbergs Quality Motors
Distance: 24.36 mi
Contact Dealer
1997 FORD MUSTANG COBRA
Color: Green
Body Style: Convertible
Engine Type: 4.6L V8 EFI DOHC 32V
Free CARFAX Vehicle History Report AutoSource Motoring
Distance: 43.7 mi
View Details & Photos
1997 FORD MUSTANG COBRA
Color: Red
Body Style: Convertible
Engine Type: 4.6L V8 EFI DOHC 32V
Free CARFAX Vehicle History Report Elk Grove Dodge
Distance: 49.1 mi
Contact Dealer

Let us do the work!
Be the first to know about 1996 FORD MUSTANG vehicles just listed for sale in your area.

Email Address:

FREE to you from CARFAX. Additional information to help you make the right decision when buying or selling a used car or truck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How safe and reliable is this 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA?
Find out with the CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report.

What are other CARFAX customers saying about this 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA?
Share what you know about this vehicle - Add a CARFAX Customer Rating & Comment.

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1FALP47V8TF184693). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Salvage Title Loss Due To Fire Title
Junk Title Flood Damage Title
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Hail Damage Title
Dismantled Title Canadian Total Loss

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1FALP47V8TF184693) had accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Automotive Recycler Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported
Frame Damage Record Reported Collision Repair Facility Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported

Accident Indicators Detail:
Date: Source: Detail:
06/27/2003 Collision Repair Facility Frame inspection performed
after an accident or other incident
Frame damage reported

Go to framefacts.com for information about frame damage

CARFAX began reporting information from this source on 05/06/2005

According to the National Safety Council, Injury Facts, 2003 edition, 12% of the 243 million registered vehicles in the U.S. were involved in an accident in 2002. Over 90% of these were considered minor or moderate.
CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 22.Mar.2006 09:01:48. New data will result in a change to this report.
Not all accidents are reported to the Police. Tell us if you know of other fender benders, accidents or damage.

Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! No major odometer problems were ever reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1FALP47V8TF184693). If you find that any of the following odometer problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an odometer rollover.

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1FALP47V8TF184693). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX found no inconsistent odometer readings in the mileage history of this 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1FALP47V8TF184693).

Date: Mileage:
06/07/1996 21
07/08/1998 33,020
08/21/1998 33,021
10/02/1998 33,620
02/09/1999 37,201
07/01/2000 46,760
07/30/2002 59,967
06/27/2003 66,382
11/13/2003 66,602
11/15/2005 84,021

Average miles driven per year 8,760 CARFAX AdvisorTM Compare this vehicle's average annual mileage to the industry average of 15,000 miles per year. Use this comparison to determine how this vehicle was driven.

Do you know this vehicle's current mileage? Tell us and help protect others from mileage fraud.

GOOD NEWS! No manufacturer buyback was ever reported by a DMV for this 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1FALP47V8TF184693). If you find that a manufacturer buyback was reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1FALP47V8TF184693) had 2 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 06/07/1996 Ohio
2nd owner 11/14/2003 California

CARFAX AdvisorTM
The cost of ownership varies by vehicle. Go to Edmunds.com to check the recommended service schedule and estimated costs for this vehicle.

Types of Owners:

This 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1FALP47V8TF184693) was checked for 8 types of registrations.

No Personal Use Registration Reported Fleet Registration Reported
No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
No Taxi Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported

Do you have information about how this vehicle was used or driven? Tell us what you know.

Recall information for this 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1FALP47V8TF184693) is now available directly from FORD. Get a current list of recalls that require repair for this vehicle.

For your convenience, CARFAX has estimated the remaining original manufacturer warranty coverage based on information reported to us on this 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1FALP47V8TF184693). Please confirm remaining factory warranty and extended warranty options with your dealer. Interested in an extended warranty?

Estimated start date of warranty: 06/07/1996
Last reading reported on 11/15/2005: 84,021 miles Recalculate with current mileage
Today's Date: March 22, 2006

Type of Coverage: Original Warranty: Estimated Remaining Coverage:
Basic 36 months or 36,000 miles Coverage expired
Drivetrain 36 months or 36,000 miles Coverage expired
Emissions 24 months or 24,000 miles Coverage expired
Corrosion 60 months or unlimited mileage Coverage expired
Transferable Transferable at no cost Same
Roadside Assistance 36 months or 36,000 miles Coverage expired
Safety Belt & Inflatable Restraint 60 months or 50,000 miles Coverage expired
Specific Components 96 months or 80,000 miles Coverage expired
Notes: Manufacturer covers emissions components under basic warranty. Emissions coverage may vary by state. Refer to owners manual for specific details. Transferable: no cost, unlimited owners covered. Adjustments and bulbs are covered (except alignment and wheel balance) after 1 years or 12,000 miles.

CARFAX Warranty Check provides an estimate of this vehicle's remaining warranty coverage. It does not take into account some vehicle history events. For example, major accidents resulting in Salvage or Junk titles that may void the original manufacturer warranty or ownership transfers that may decrease warranty coverage. This warranty information is only valid for vehicles manufactured for sale in the US. Complete warranty coverage information is available for this vehicle at the FORD web site.

CARFAX searched more than 4 billion records from over 7,600 sources and found 18 record(s) for this 1996 FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1FALP47V8TF184693).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

04/11/1996 NICB
Vehicle manufactured and shipped to original
dealer

06/07/1996 21 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Dearborn, MI
Title #8300213192
Title issued or updated
First owner reported

06/15/1996 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Maineville, OH
Registered as
corporate fleet vehicle

07/08/1998 33,020 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Cincinnati, OH
Title #8300346423
Title issued or updated

07/14/1998 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Cincinnati, OH
Title #8300347431
Title issued or updated

07/14/1998 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Maineville, OH
Title #8300347435
Title issued or updated

08/21/1998 33,021 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Maineville, OH
Title #8300347435
Title issued or updated
Loan or lien reported

10/02/1998 33,620 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
Brakes serviced
Electrical system serviced

02/09/1999 37,201 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced

03/23/1999 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced

07/01/2000 46,760 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Pasadena, CA
Odometer reading reported for title
or registration

08/19/2000 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Pasadena, CA
Title issued or updated

08/19/2000 California
Inspection Station
Pasadena, CA
Passed emissions inspection

07/30/2002 59,967 California
Inspection Station
Pasadena, CA

06/27/2003 66,382 Collision Repair Facility
California
Frame inspection performed
after an accident or other incident
Frame damage reported

Go to framefacts.com for information about frame damage

CARFAX began reporting information from this source on 05/06/2005

11/13/2003 66,602 California
Inspection Station
Pasadena, CA

11/14/2003 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Winnetka, CA
Title issued or updated
New owner reported
Loan or lien reported

11/15/2005 84,021 California
Inspection Station

Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Detailed Vehicle History Definitions:

Collision Repair Facility
A collision repair facility specializes in repairing vehicle damage caused by accidents and other incidents. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or a professional inspector is recommended.

First Owner
When the first owner(s) obtains a title from a Department of Motor Vehicles as proof of ownership.

Fleet Vehicle
Vehicle was registered or sold to a company that manages vehicle fleets.

Frame Damage
In most cases, a vehicle is inspected for frame damage after an accident or other incident. All levels of accidents from minor to severe can cause frame damage and in most cases it can be repaired. Having this vehicle's frame inspected before purchase is recommended. Go to framefacts.com for information about frame damage.
New Owner Reported
When a vehicle is sold to a new owner, the Title must be transferred to the new owner(s) at a Department of Motor Vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread