Imagine if every check you wrote had the same check number.

Labinnac

El Chimpo Grande!
Established Member
Sounds rediculous doesn't it? But you can in fact do just that. I ordered checks tonight through the 877 number on my checkbook and the customer service girl told me this little fact.

After pulling 12 hours at work today and then topping it off by filing my taxes tonight...

My head A sploded...

It may seem trivial and it would of course be insane to do this but it can be done. This boggles my mind.

I'm tired, so very tired... Must sleep and forget numbers... I shall dream of long legged women and maybe soft warm fuzzy aminals...

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Wtf?.....get some sleep bro, you are making no sense. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Checks with the same number would probly be fraud of some sort. SOunds liek a bad idea to me. :nono:

Captain Steve

Established Member
The number on your check is for your own bookkeeping. The bank could give a damn.

A check is just a fancy version of a withdrawl form at the bank. The only numbers that matter to the bank are the routing number(which identifies your bank) and the checking account number(which identifies you).

nasty

Established Member
well on my online account you can track checks by number....seems like it would be dumb to do this. i think the girl is a moron. but who knows? this would serve no purpose?

Users who are viewing this thread