I'm worried about running spacers

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
In order for my new rims to clear my calipers I had to put 1/4" spacers on the back wheels. I also put 7/16" spacers on the front but 1/4" would do the trick. The shop didn't have 1/4" at the time. Am I going to run into any problems with this? They're the cheap kind of spacers not the H&R style. I would get the nicer ones but I'm low on cash right now. I'm just worried I'm gonna launch hard at the track and my wheels are gonna fall off.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
No you shouldn't have a problem with 1/4" spacers at all. Why did you put on wider spacers in the front? Do the front rims have different ET's or something? When buying spacers, I really wouldn't go cheap if I were you. It's not worth the extra couple bucks to get crappy spacers. I think all American cars have lug studs and nuts so I guess you won't need to worry about longer lug bolts.

I'm running H&R 15mm hubcentric spacers (equivalent to .59" ) on my car. Really helped to give it the right stance. Wish I had gone with 20mm but hindsight is 20/20.

Get good spacers as soon as you can but no, your wheels won't fall off. :)

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
Canoodler said:
No you shouldn't have a problem with 1/4" spacers at all. Why did you put on wider spacers in the front? Do the front rims have different ET's or something? When buying spacers, I really wouldn't go cheap if I were you. It's not worth the extra couple bucks to get crappy spacers. I think all American cars have lug studs and nuts so I guess you won't need to worry about longer lug bolts.

I'm running H&R 15mm hubcentric spacers (equivalent to .59" ) on my car. Really helped to give it the right stance. Wish I had gone with 20mm but hindsight is 20/20.

Get good spacers as soon as you can but no, your wheels won't fall off. :)

The only reason I'm running bigger ones on the front is because I needed some on short notice and they were the closest that I could find. Are you talking about these H&R spacers?

http://www.speedaction.net/3065705.html

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Hmmm, I guess you would need longer bolt studs. The price isn't bad especially considering the bolts are included.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
So you think I should just buy 2 for the backs or all 4? I don't really see the risk in running the 1/4" spacers on the front wheels since theres no torque there.

Users who are viewing this thread