Im sure you have herd this before!

magicman

Established Member
I have a 02 L 8lb pulley sct2600 tunes by LFP TB.
6000 ft of elevation! i want to have more HP, what can i do!
im thinkin nitrous but would like some input from you guys since you have ben around this longer.
Thanks

kcpgt2002

Established Member
Nitrous is deffinetly the most cost effective way to add power. Getting retuned for more boost or with meth injection would also do the trick

Krwy

Established Member
You need to ditch the 8lb pulley before you blow your bottom end apart. You're making more heat then power

Ported blower, Accufab SBTB, C&L plenum, ported blower, 6lb lower, exhaust, and a tune you'll be at 450 to the wheels and that is as much as the stock motor can handle.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
You need to ditch the 8lb pulley before you blow your bottom end apart. You're making more heat then power

Ported blower, Accufab SBTB, C&L plenum, ported blower, 6lb lower, exhaust, and a tune you'll be at 450 to the wheels and that is as much as the stock motor can handle.

Not totally true. I am close by. Many guys in Denver are overspinning the eaton on the Terminator, it doesn't make as much heat because of the thin atmosphere. I think you should talk to a tuner, they're the guys that know how to make power up here and the combinations that really work. You can run more static compression up here and what is your boost gauge reading, that's the what counts. Scott at P&P performance comes highly recommended. Theres another ford guy, Scott at US Performance in Loveland, CO tuned mine and I'm only seeing 8-9 psi on a 14 psi pulley at 5000ft.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I have a 02 L 8lb pulley sct2600 tunes by LFP TB.
6000 ft of elevation! i want to have more HP, what can i do!
im thinkin nitrous but would like some input from you guys since you have ben around this longer.
Thanks

If your bottom end is stock get rid of the 8lb lower. It's a time bomb. Especially in the winter.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Not totally true. I am close by. Many guys in Denver are overspinning the eaton on the Terminator, it doesn't make as much heat because of the thin atmosphere. I think you should talk to a tuner, they're the guys that know how to make power up here and the combinations that really work. You can run more static compression up here and what is your boost gauge reading, that's the what counts. Scott at P&P performance comes highly recommended. Theres another ford guy, Scott at US Performance in Loveland, CO tuned mine and I'm only seeing 8-9 psi on a 14 psi pulley at 5000ft.

What exhaust and heads are you running?

SpittingCobra

Established Member

Not sure about this heat issue but you'll be hard pressed to see the airflow with parts and the same pulleys that guys on here are going to tell you to run.

Krwy

Established Member
A Cobra and a Lightning are COMPLETELY different animals when it comes to boost. Cobra being a forged bottom end 4v LOVE boost. A L is a STOCK 5.4 with a s/c on top. Its a 2V so it makes torque, and doesn't like the high RPM like a Cobra. It is a known fact by everyone in the Lightning world that a 6lb lower is the MAX on a stock bottom end. Even with the 6lb lower its a timebomb.

OP if you want to run the 8lb lower, go for it, but when a rod shoots through the side of the block you'll know exactly why.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
If your bottom end is stock get rid of the 8lb lower. It's a time bomb. Especially in the winter.

A Cobra and a Lightning are COMPLETELY different animals when it comes to boost. Cobra being a forged bottom end 4v LOVE boost. A L is a STOCK 5.4 with a s/c on top. Its a 2V so it makes torque, and doesn't like the high RPM like a Cobra. It is a known fact by everyone in the Lightning world that a 6lb lower is the MAX on a stock bottom end. Even with the 6lb lower its a timebomb.

OP if you want to run the 8lb lower, go for it, but when a rod shoots through the side of the block you'll know exactly why.

x 65,000

Users who are viewing this thread