Im stupid

stllightning04

Established Member
So i live right on the border of IL and MO I drove over to Saint louis to cruies around i was in my Daily drive a 99 sunfire. On the way back for some reason i decided to hit it for a sec. So As i was coming across the border i hit it. And i hit 95 and right away slowed to 65. A car ran up my butt and i just said crap. It was a cop he pulled me over came up to the window and asked if i new how fast i was going. I thought it would be good to tell the truth and told him 95. He went to his car came back with a ticket he said it dropped down to 50 for a mile so i got a ticket for 95 in a 50 didn't go to jail or anything. I talked to him for a sec when he came back i asked him where he was he said he was coming off and on ramp and saw me. I asked what he clocked me at he said his radar was off i told him how fast i was doing. What is this is this a felony can i fight it since he didn't radar me. Let me know. I know im stupid i learned my lesson i figured there wouldn't be cops right on the border.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
It's not a felony in Illinois, and I'll bet good money it isn't in MO either (which state did it happen in?). 40+ over in Illinois is a Class A Misdemeanor; lawyer up, you're probably losing your license. :(

--T.J.

crazyj0n

Established Member
we get it, ur dumb
why post so many times :bash:

good luck on everything :beer:

rrobello

Established Member
dont know about the specific laws in your state but here in Cali, would its the same everywhere, youre going to lose this if you fight it because you admitted to a certain speed....sorry shot yourself in the foot and no way to undo it

stllightning04

Established Member
It happened in Il This sucks ive havn't had a ticket in Il for prob 3 years I had a wreckless driving in MO but thats all taken care of.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Almost double the speed limit should qualify you for reckless driving as well. Is there a mandatory court appearance?

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Why in the world you would flat out tell him right away that you were doing 95 is beyond me. I had that happen to me once and I made the cop tell me how fast I was going, I just "played" stupid and said I wasn't paying attention. He told me I was doing 75 in a 55 which was cool with me cuz about a mile before that I was doing 145 while racing a friend on his bike and had no clue where this LEO came from or how fast I was going when I passed him.

Then plead not guilty to 20+, but no contest to 9+ and got the ticket reduced.

stllightning04

Established Member
Ya i know i didn't think i thought if i was nice to the cop he would let me go. But i guess not. it sucks I asked him about the wreckless driving he said hes just giving me a speeding ticket. He said i was nice to him so he would cut me a brake and court apperence is required but i think if i get a layer i should be fine

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
stllightning04 said:
Ya i know i didn't think i thought if i was nice to the cop he would let me go. But i guess not. it sucks I asked him about the wreckless driving he said hes just giving me a speeding ticket. He said i was nice to him so he would cut me a brake and court apperence is required but i think if i get a layer i should be fine

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're doing twice the speed limit and you hope he would let you go ??? *edited by moderator -fordsvtfan*

So what kind of a brake did he give you ? Brembo's?
and I would go to court with a chocolate layer cause everyone knows that chocolate is better than banana. :-D

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
RDJ said:
You know you really should just shut your pie hole. Check your facts ... and your reading comprehension and get back to me when you have some. Those were just jokes.

They were funny I must say, but on another note, I have been let go on many occasions and once for 110+ on 55....
I was verry verry lucky and brutally honest with the LEO.
CONVO
LEO: wtf" was that all about , you were doing well over 110+
ME: pure stupidity officer, just dumb dumb behavior, no excuse for it whatsoever *shut of my cobra put the keys on top of the car as I saw him coming thinking IM DONE* and gave him my stuff.

Highway was dead empty and he thought I didnt put anyone in danger other than my dumb self and let me go.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
stllightning04 said:
i thought if i was nice to the cop he would let me go.

stroker22 said:
shut of my cobra put the keys on top of the car as I saw him coming thinking IM DONE*

You will note the differences in the quotes above ... YOU: I'm Done Him: I will be nice and he will let me go

You will note that you also didn't admit to your speed right from the get go. LOL! You did indeed get very very lucky ...

Common

Established Member
RDJ said:
You will note the differences in the quotes above ... YOU: I'm Done Him: I will be nice and he will let me go

You will note that you also didn't admit to your speed right from the get go. LOL! You did indeed get very very lucky ...

However I did admit that there is no excuse for going "that fast" but I didnt say the number...I might have been subconsciously SNEAKY:D

Mystic03

Established Member
i dont think anyhting will help you since you admited you were doing 95 good luck though

Users who are viewing this thread