I'm still a baby, I need my bottle!

strickensix

Whistlin'
Established Member
I have a chance to get a full ZEX wet nitrous kit for $350. The only problem stopping me is the transmission. Its the stock T5. I know it may "safely" handle up to 450rwhp (according to MM&FF). The car is putting down 304rwhp/340ft-lbs of tq. The ZEX kit is coming with 55, 65, and 75 shots. The car only has 38000 miles on it. The car was supercharged before I bought it putting down over 500rwhp.

Should I go and get my bottle or save the money for an upgraded gear set (Astro or D&D)?

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I have an 01 GT with the T-45 and I'm putting 600 to the wheels and it's a daily driver with no problems. I wouldn't worry, unless my transmission is just built better than all the others out there.

UveLost

Established Member
Spray it.. but trust me, you'll end up wishing you went NX rather than Zex.. i have the Zex system and.. lets just say it wasnt worth full price, but 350 hey go for it

strickensix

Whistlin'
Established Member
UveLost said:
Spray it.. but trust me, you'll end up wishing you went NX rather than Zex.. i have the Zex system and.. lets just say it wasnt worth full price, but 350 hey go for it
Whats with the ZEX kit?

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
Spray that sucker!! You wont regret it.

Yeah, I'm curious about your opinion of ZEX myself. I have a ZEX wet kit and love it! I dont see why NX would impress me anymore than ZEX.

spike_africa

Established Member
because people nutswing on NX for some reason i still odnt get, even though there are tons of other just as good kits. Nothing against NX i just dont get all the hype.

And ZEX just doenst hit hard for some reason more then likly the flywheel rating of power is why. But for 350bucks u cant beat that.

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
I had a T45 and with a full bolt on HCI 99 cobra and a 100 shot I destroyed it. I limped home from the track with only 2 gears 5th and 1st :( When I drained the fluid it was powdered metal. I dont know if the T5 is rated better but thats my experience with the T45 and spray.

Users who are viewing this thread