I'm pissed, what should I do?

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
I'm getting married in less than a month. My fiance has a step aunt on her side of the family that is creating some issues.

She already has one kid, and another on the way. Current kid is a stupid little spoiled brat that goes around unsupervised as is at every family function, annoying the piss out of me/us. Well, her scheduled date for her C section is the day before the wedding. She wrote back on her invitation that she can't make it, but her kid will be there (I guess being watched by Grandpa and Grandma). Kid is only 5 years old or so!

Who the hell would think that its OK to bring a child to a wedding that you're not even attending? Much less, the invitation didn't mention her kid, just her.

The shear audacity of just pawning off your children like this is irritating me to no end. My parents wouldn't bring us to a wedding unless we were explicitly invited, even when we're older. So what should we do? I don't want some little kid running around screaming and acting stupid when we're doing our first dance together, or the grand march, or anything.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Maybe the grandfolks are the ones taking care of the kid while she is healing up from her c section.
Maybe they want to attend the wedding since it is their grand daughter getting hitched but have nowhere for the kid to go so they must bring him/her with?

It is your day man dont let the small stuff get to you

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
The kid is still part of your family, why can't they experience it?

Weddings, family reunions, etc were always a fun place to be when there were other kids in the family. I'm just saying, maybe the kid wants to be there? I mean, in what way is this effecting you or your wedding?

Tak to her tell her that you guys will watch him. Then take him to an adoption center and drop him off at the front door.:idea: problem solved. That'll be $20. I accept pay-pal.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
We had no kids at our wedding. The difference is we stated it outright in the invitations. We wanted a night where all the parents could relax and congregate without having to chase the little ones around. Then, the next day we had a picnic for EVERYONE, including the kids, with games and such so that we could all get together one more time kids included.

It sounds like you didn't specify no kids (some people are dense and don't realize that the invite applies only to the people listed on the invitation), so you're probably screwed.

The only consult I will give you is to just brush it off. Something WILL go wrong at your wedding...it's going to happen. Might as well be this kid. Just ignore it and move on.

Crazy Ray

Established Member
Before the wedding take the kid to another room and put the death threat to him. Scare the shit out of him.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
send an invitation to her Dr. and ask him if he can put the brat "back in"

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Maybe the grandfolks are the ones taking care of the kid while she is healing up from her c section.
Maybe they want to attend the wedding since it is their grand daughter getting hitched but have nowhere for the kid to go so they must bring him/her with?

It is your day man dont let the small stuff get to you

There's a whole lot more to the story. But the point is she is creating stress. What about parents who didn't bring their kids? Now they're mad we invited some kids, but not theirs, when in reality we didn't invite any kids save for flowergirls.

The kid is still part of your family, why can't they experience it?

Weddings, family reunions, etc were always a fun place to be when there were other kids in the family. I'm just saying, maybe the kid wants to be there? I mean, in what way is this effecting you or your wedding?

The kid is loud, rude, annoying, a general pain in the ass. We didn't invite kids, and as its our wedding, people should follow that.

tell her how it is, as cruel as it is it's your and your fiance day...less stress= goooood

That's what we're going to end up doing.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Did you send an invite to the grandparents that will be watching the kid? If so, you'll just have to deal with it, if not, then they shouldn't be there.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I have never heard of a wedding without kids.

I mean it is your choice and stuff but i know i enjoy watching how much fun the little kids have dancing and playing and being little shits at weddings.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I have never heard of a wedding without kids.

I mean it is your choice and stuff but i know i enjoy watching how much fun the little kids have dancing and playing and being little shits at weddings.

neither have i, usually everyone takes thier 8 kids lol....seriously :beer:

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
There's a whole lot more to the story. But the point is she is creating stress. What about parents who didn't bring their kids? Now they're mad we invited some kids, but not theirs, when in reality we didn't invite any kids save for flowergirls.

The kid is loud, rude, annoying, a general pain in the ass. We didn't invite kids, and as its our wedding, people should follow that.

That's what we're going to end up doing.

Your not allowing kids at your wedding? Darn this is roadside...well F it get drunk and dont let a 5 year old mess up your night.:beer:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
We are not having kids unless it is direct family or they are part of the wedding, two ring bearers, 1 flower girl and my brothers (who is my best man) three kids.

We just do not want kids at all, not when it costs somewhere between 100-120 bucks a person. It would just be a waste of money to have kids, as well as a distraction to OUR night, and you are right that if the name is not on the invitation than no one else comes.. that is how it works, but I assume in this case the kid is being watched by the grandparents due to the operation.

Users who are viewing this thread