I'm Parkin the Cobra for a while

03rocks

Established Member
The gas prices are absolutely killin me. I figure I'll drive the old Ranger pickup for a while and save the Cobra for the weekends.

2.09 a gallon this morning about made me spit my coffee. I'm kinda curious to see how the price of gas varies around the country right now.

FINICKY

Established Member
premium is about $1.65 here in jersey and my cobra drinks it like theres no tommorrow.......its my fault though when i drive it i cant help playin lol'

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03rocks
The gas prices are absolutely killin me. I figure I'll drive the old Ranger pickup for a while and save the Cobra for the weekends.

2.09 a gallon this morning about made me spit my coffee. I'm kinda curious to see how the price of gas varies around the country right now.

eh, better off in the garage this time of year anyhow :p

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 03rocks

Try at least $2.39/gal for 91 in the Bay Area.

03rocks

Established Member
Shit its been too damn nice around here the last couple of weeks to not drive it. Windows down in March is pretty rare in WA State.

03CobraBro

Established Member
2.39 for 91?? thats gotta be rough... I dont even think sunoco 94 is over 1.80 out here in indianapolis. I guess there is a price to pay for decent weather out there. :shrug:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Levi, thats funny:lol: It was nice today, got the tires rotated today and then had to take the long way home :coolman: the dude said your rear tires look simular to the fronts.. he thought the fronts should be RUBBED off more than the front.... when I told him half the time was SIDEWAYS, he understood :lol: :lol:

So when is the next run????

Ken

hawkls1

Established Member
my firehawk got 4mpg high and 2mpg city better mileage then my cobra does even with all the mods i had done to my firehawk.when my firehawk was new and all stock on a trip up to n.y. it got 28mpg at 75-80mph. but i still love my new cobra.i only use a tank a week so the mileage ant a factor.

03DOHC

Established Member
Sorry the pic isn't too clear, but you can see it well enough. The next time ya'll complain about gas prices, pull up this pic.:bash: It actually went down a few cents.:uh oh:

Last edited:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Local Prem. $2.05, on base in Peral Harbor, Prem. $1.81

It's gonna get worse before it gets better!!!!

IDAREU

Banned
Well I see most of the replies have been from 03 Cobra owners!
I love this, I bought this car only because I could not believe Ford would make such a car for a long time. With gas prices increasing how can the demand stay so strong for a 400hp gas guzzler!
I am in this for the long run, I know that someday in the future I will have to drive around to even find a gas station when everyone is driving hydrogen cars. This 03 Cobra is special and it will be a car that only a few will ever get to enjoy.
I remember that energy crisis of the 1970's and people thinking we would be out of gas by now, not qiute right, but I also remember people laughing at my grandad saying that we would be paying for drinking water!

AlexB

Banned
93 octane is like 1.70-1.83 in Florida... I've seen a downward trend the past week.

EDIT: Crude oil was like $38/brl a few days ago -- 35.88 now and I'm expecting it to be under 32 by the end of the week -- should be some relief to come!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread