I'm OUT!(Driving back to Houston, TX)

TheFranchise

Established Member
I am seperating from the Marine Corps next week (I will miss it!!) and will be driving back from CA to TX. I am going to the Hobby Shop this weekend to check some things over but not exactly sure on what all to check.

I was thinking, Idle control valve, MAF, Intake, fluids, etc

Anything else I should or could worry about? Plugs? Coil Over?

I noticed it was running a little funny, as in A/F dip down to 10.0 under normal driving...sometimes at idle...Not sure if a plug is bad or something is dirty...

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
Thanks for your service. I remember when I signed my papers to get out. It was a weird feeling for a while. I still miss it sometimes but theres nothing like always being here for my son

Ginther

Established Member
Welcome back and congrats on getting out! Thank you for your service. :thumbsup:

Has your truck been in storage for a while? If so, it probably wouldn't hurt to change your oil and plugs, check/clean the MAF, IAC, TB, Filter, fresh gas, etc etc..... to make sure it's getting and metering air correctly for the long road trip.

If/When you get here, if it still seems like it needs some tuning, PSI Motorsports comes highly recommended.

TheFranchise

Established Member
Welcome back and congrats on getting out! Thank you for your service. :thumbsup:

Has your truck been in storage for a while? If so, it probably wouldn't hurt to change your oil and plugs, check/clean the MAF, IAC, TB, Filter, fresh gas, etc etc..... to make sure it's getting and metering air correctly for the long road trip.

If/When you get here, if it still seems like it needs some tuning, PSI Motorsports comes highly recommended.
Yes I am going to Pat at PSI Motorsports for sure. I have been there before.

No my truck has not been in storage recently. Driven everyday. I switched to Royal Purple oil about a month ago...that was the only new thing I switched to recently. Besides that everything else has stayed the same.

I will go over everything this weekend! Only problem is, I have never done the plugs myself! I have always had a friend do them for me. Question though, if I do them this weekend, what should I gap them to? NGKTR6's...(mods in sig).

Cody

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I would insppect the tires, radiator hoses, belts, fluids, SWThomas' sig, etc.... You know, stuff like that....:poke::lol:

TheFranchise

Established Member
I would insppect the tires, radiator hoses, belts, fluids, SWThomas' sig, etc.... You know, stuff like that....:poke::lol:
Haha! Sorry about that! I am on a government computer right now...No photoshop!

I will have my laptop up and running online next week when I get home!

By then sir, your sig will be ready! I might even throw in an extra one so you can have some to choose from! haha

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Congrats, and thank you for your service.

I remember getting out, werid time in my life.... Takes a bit getting used to civilian life again...

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Well here's an early welcome home for you buddy. Now hurry up and get here so you can fix my sig too, LOL. Be safe on the trip.

TheFranchise

Established Member
Well here's an early welcome home for you buddy. Now hurry up and get here so you can fix my sig too, LOL. Be safe on the trip.
Thanks everybody for the welcome back!

I already have an interview for a Credit Analyst in the Galleria area!! Wish me luck!!

See you Houston folks here in a few days!!

I should be heading out to PSI within a week after I return!

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Haha! Sorry about that! I am on a government computer right now...No photoshop!

I will have my laptop up and running online next week when I get home!

By then sir, your sig will be ready! I might even throw in an extra one so you can have some to choose from! haha

U DA MAN!!!:rockon:

castellscl

Established Member
Man, getting out? What's that all about? Don't want to make the big bucks in Iraqistan anymore? I'd get a fuel filter, cheap $10. I'll give you a hand at the Hobby Shop, just let me know day/time.

canugo12s

Banned
Yes I am going to Pat at PSI Motorsports for sure. I have been there before.

No my truck has not been in storage recently. Driven everyday. I switched to Royal Purple oil about a month ago...that was the only new thing I switched to recently. Besides that everything else has stayed the same.

I will go over everything this weekend! Only problem is, I have never done the plugs myself! I have always had a friend do them for me. Question though, if I do them this weekend, what should I gap them to? NGKTR6's...(mods in sig).

Cody

if your still down in san diego ill be there all weekend pulling my motor for the switch!

Users who are viewing this thread