I'm offiially done trying to get reading on this TPS\TB install.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
Back in June I did the chip,pulley, and BF TB\plenum from Amazon Racing and everything was fine except we couldnt get a good voltage reading off the TPS. It was either "0" or greater than "3". I've read every thread and tried everything including different voltage meters, paperclips, and angles. I dont know WTF the problem is. I'm not an idiot and this is getting frustrating. The idle is fine and it never goes over 1000rpm but the SES light stays on because of the lack of reading. I dont want the light on for something else and not notice because of this.

I'm taking it in tomorrow for a noise around the trans case and cats and for an oil change. Maybe I'll have the guy set it while doing the oil change. I dont want to watch because I know it'll take 3.2 seconds for him to do it. it seems the easier something is to do the harder it is for me to do it.

Any ideas? Maybe I just suck:(

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
ever try getting the code cleared with a scanner? that could alleviate the SES light...and if it regenerates then u would know u have a faulty part somewhere.....

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
I thought maybe the spring got out of whack in the TPS when we were reinstalled it. That would cause wierd readings for sure. If the Ford guy looks at it he'll know for sure. If I have to pay out of pocket then I guess I have to.

dougwg

Established Member
sounds like the TPS was installed a bit wrong....

If so...AND if you cranked the Throttle all the way open... with the TPS in the wrong possition... you WILL BREAK THE TPS AND HAVE TO GET A NEW ONE....sorry :(

Instructions for installing a TPS:[b/]
when installing the TPS...hold the TB in you right hand with the inlet side facing tword your righthand side and the outlet side facing your left, The IAC should be facing away from you.

nice and easy.... put the TPS on the TB with the connector at about the 8:00 O'clock position..... then turn ( nice and easy) to the 9:00 O'clock position..... install screws (snug)

then Check voltage (set to about .98 volts) tighten screws.....

Hope this helps:)

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread