im officially tired of the trucks fuel issue

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
so over the summer, i got to meet jl twice, and im happy to say that i also went to lightning fest... It was a great summer and i couldnt wait to put the parts i bought for the truck on....

I bought a new stock fuel rail with an adjustable regulator from jl, new 255 pumps and steel y fitting, amongst other things..

But guess what?? It doesnt fit!
Guess it wasnt designed for the 3.4...

Jl suggested i remove the resistor under the bumper to keep the pressure constant

What happened? Fuel pressure is at 52psi at idle! Then it drops under throttle to about 45. At least i know the pumps work right?p

Seriously, what do i need to do to get this truck running right???

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I can see the FPR not working with the 3.4 but nothing else there should be an issue.
Also im not too keen on removing the resistor.
Im no fuel system guru and im barely learning my way around that nightmare so i know what im heading into.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Just leave the stock regulator on the rails and leave the resistor in place. If you want the fuel pumps to be on full time, tell JL to quit being lazy and make that happen in the tune. You don't need to cut out the resistor.

DXBLIGHTNINGBOY

Established Member
i feel bad for you khaled ,, hope you find someone here at SVTperformance that can answer you and help u....
i give up on your car

Last edited:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Keep the resistor in play, those lines will get TOO HOT. I just wired in two resistors parrallel to take care of that issue.

I am thinking that you may have a leak in your fuel system somewhere. And/or, the FPR wasn't (set) adjusted properly during the initial install.

Also, have you tried jumping the high/low relay to see what happens with the fuel pressure?

Wish I was there to help, I battled NUMEROUS fuel pressure issues that I finally got ironed out of the course of a few months.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
What regulator are you running? Wasnt there some issues with the second version one of the regulators? I forgot which one. If I remember correctly James at RWTD was talking about that a year ago or so. Anyways, As stated earlier, I wouldnt remove the resistor if you are running stock size lines. Sound like the reg isnt working right

Users who are viewing this thread