Im officially a ricer....

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
that sounded like barely 350 rwhp :shrug:

UNcorrected you are probably close with your 350 guess.

put it this way, my LAST viper put down 431rwhp-481tq SAE and ran

12.0@119 in chicago

12.99@111 up here....

shit sucks

this one feels a little better with full exhaust and intake :rolling:

its all relative up here though... every car is down on power

Last edited:

SVTdubs

Established Member
pics/ race vids coming tomorrow. Im racing a 500rwhp procharged 97 cobra so we shall see how my 350hp does, hehe

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
well tell me if im wrong but how the hell does a viper only make 350, 2 car sounds nice . im just in awww that your babys only making 350hp, please explain. thanks

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
well tell me if im wrong but how the hell does a viper only make 350, 2 car sounds nice . im just in awww that your babys only making 350hp, please explain. thanks

The oxygen level at that altitude is considerably less than it is at sea level? :shrug:

SVTdubs

Established Member

im guessing its 350 UNcorrected because of the altitude out here... its probably more like 320

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
Hmmm, seems like it sounded better in the in-car vid you posted the other day.

BTW, how often do you roll around St. Charles these days? Couple times a year, if that?

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Vipers have a very distinct sound. Some love it, some hate it. Count me in the love it category!

Car sounds good. But like another guy said earlier, if you don't like the sound it makes, go for the quiet route. Though I don't know how "quiet" you can make a Viper.

The Viper is my all time favorite car but that exhaust sounds like absolute crap. You need something better. I remember seeing a vid on YouTube where a blacked out Viper was racing a GT3 or 911 turbo and that Viper had the best exhaust sound I've heard on one of these cars. Unfortunately there was no info on the vid as to what his setup was. If I find the vid I'll post it up.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
sounds pretty good to me but i have never seen a viper dyno that low? were you on a mustang dyno? those #'s have to be uncorrected. even if they were corrected i bet you still wouldn't break 400 rwhp at sea level :shrug: what was the rwtq and what were your a/f ratios?

back when my viper was bone stock it dyno'd 421 rwhp and 452 rwtq on a dynojet here in Tucson corrected to sea level. i have had 5 different cars on that dyno and it resides at 2,600 feet above sea level.

Last edited:
Here we go.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbsAJsBizWo"]YouTube - Race - Dodge Viper ACR vs. Porsche 996 tt[/ame]

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I'm not a fan of the way Vipers sound, but I don't think your exhaust sounds too terrible dubs.

How about a Viper/Z06 Horsetooth lake photo shoot sometime?

Users who are viewing this thread