I'm not real happy with A few Products

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
First off let me say that i am pretty damn pissed about all this. I thought i did good research on my parts. I was told "They'll go right on no problems" LOL my Bill at the shop is going up mainly because of the frustration.

First- Bel-tec drop spindles....anyone else have a problem with them. The ears on them wouldn't let the spindle clear the brakes. Solution- gind the hell out of the ears. second there is a notch in the original spindle not on the bel-tec.....whats that for???? ohhhhh you want to be able to turn with your new spindles........more grinding SUPER.

Second problem- LFP traction bars- "They'll fit perfect with no clearance issues" "They won't hit the stock exhaust" WRONG WRONG WRONG Who the hell makes shit and says it fits with no problem and then you proceed to get boned in the anus because they are such a pain in the ass to put on the installer wants to kill you. As we speak he is welding a longer bracket on to the bars so they will clear the exhaust.

As you can tell I'm not happy. I bought these parts so the install would be cheap and easy. Now i think i get to spend about $500 extra because of Bullshit parts.

Anyone know if, I bitch long enough would i get a little bit of a refund back?

:fm: :cuss: :mj:

SADF

Established Member
The Belltech spindles are notorious for having issues. I also had to grind to get more turning radius. The caliper issue is known throughout. I just gave my Belltech spindles to a friend for some paint work and didnt use them.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Anyone know if, I bitch long enough would i get a little bit of a refund back?

Not likely.

What is the problem with the LFP bars? Long bars are notorious for having fitment problems with lowered trucks and certain exhausts.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
LFP- Bars won't fit on. They'll hit the exhaust. Its stock exhaust. I was told by numerous people on this board, "they would fit on perfect with no problems with a stock exhaust" That was also told to me by someone at LFP.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
2" drop spindles in the front and JLP drop shackles in the Back, set at 3" there is a 2-3-4 inch drop avail.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
The problem with them fitting isn't with your exhaust, it's with your drop.

Historically JLP bars are harder to make work than LFP bars and with some adjustments to my exhaust they fit fine. I wonder if the brackets was your mechanic's first idea or if he pondered adjusting the exhaust.

You are learning an important lesson about modifying your truck. When you start mixing different mods, there are many variables that affect the fit of each of them as a whole.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
The problem with them fitting isn't with your exhaust, it's with your drop.

Historically JLP bars are harder to make work than LFP bars and with some adjustments to my exhaust they fit fine. I wonder if the brackets was your mechanic's first idea or if he pondered adjusting the exhaust.

You are learning an important lesson about modifying your truck. When you start mixing different mods, there are many variables that affect the fit of each of them as a whole.

Ding Ding Ding! Chris called it right on the money.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Ding Ding Ding! Chris called it right on the money.

I know that and thats why i did research to make it as easy as i can. That didn't work. I have LFP Bars and JLP shackles. I do not have JLP Bars because i was told they had problems fitting and the LFP ones didn't with the slight drop i was going with.

ecoastkid

Established Member
I have JLP long bars with a dynatech cat back and a full hotchkis setup and I have no clearance issues. Is it possible you have a broken exhaust hanger?

I used to have the JLP shackles set on the lowest setting, but removed them when I got the hotchkis setup. The hotchkis setup is lower. Given the setup I have, I'm pretty suprised your having clearance issues.

I have no experiance with the beltechs so i cant offer anything there.

Ninja edit***...I just noticed I had stated I had LFP bars when in fact I have JLP...Doh to me.

Last edited:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
2" drop spindles in the front and JLP drop shackles in the Back, set at 3" there is a 2-3-4 inch drop avail.

I have LFP Bars and JLP shackles. I do not have JLP Bars because i was told they had problems fitting and the LFP ones didn't with the slight drop i was going with.

Bro, not to make you angry, but that's hardly a "slight" drop.

LFP bars will fit a stock exhaust, period.

Your posted complaint regarding the LFP bars...

Second problem- LFP traction bars- "They'll fit perfect with no clearance issues" "They won't hit the stock exhaust" WRONG WRONG WRONG Who the hell makes shit and says it fits with no problem and then you proceed to get boned in the anus because they are such a pain in the ass to put on the installer wants to kill you.

...made no mention of "clearance issues" with "stock exhaust" AND a modified suspension.

With a stock front suspension and 2" shackles on the back, the LFP bars will clear the aftermarket Bassani exhaust. Yes, it will be close, and yeah it will clang a bit (on some trucks, it will clang more than others), but I'm wondering (based solely on how you worded your first post) just how much info about your modified suspension you gave LFP before you asked your question regarding the long bars.

Stewart

Last edited:

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Bro, not to make you angry, but that's hardly a "slight" drop.

LFP bars will fit a stock exhaust, period.

Your posted complaint regarding the LFP bars...

...made no mention of "clearance issues" with "stock exhaust" AND a modified suspension.

With a stock front suspension and 2" shackles on the back, the LFP bars will clear the aftermarket Bassani exhaust. Yes, it will be close, and yeah it will clang a bit (on some trucks, it will clang more than others), but I'm wondering (based solely on how you worded your first post) just how much info about your modified suspension you gave LFP before you asked your question regarding the long bars.

Stewart

A rear shackle is is not slight??? I figured it was since there are tons of springs and other methods that really get the truck down.

As for telling LFP i made sure and asked with a shackle on the lowest setting 4" would i run into problems. I was told with a stock exhaust there would be no problem.

ViciousJay

Established Member
the first post about the spindles is turning me off to doing them...

Last edited:

junioRace

Established Member
I don't think you can really cry about the issue with the Belltech spindles. I'm not an oldy around here, but even I knew that there were fitment issues.

And, just has been said, on a stock truck with stock exhaust, no fitment issues with the bars. You change exhausts or introduce drops, you are introducing specs that vary from the norm.

I don't know if you spoke with the vendors in detail about your problems once you realized there was an issue, but after realizing they didn't fit and started modifying them...there's no way you'll get any kind of a refund.

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
You forgot to complain about the ball joint stud\wheel clearance issue......
I'm happy with my Belltech spindles.
The research that I did here and in the other forums prepared me well for what to expect when installing them.
Cutting coils may be easier, but not exactly the best route.

Last edited:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
A rear shackle is is not slight???

A rear shackle BY ITSELF can be considered slight, yes. But you coupled it with 2" drop spindles on the front, so in my opinion, the word "slight" can no longer be used to describe your drop.

As for telling LFP i made sure and asked with a shackle on the lowest setting 4" would i run into problems. I was told with a stock exhaust there would be no problem.

But were they aware of your front drop spindles? It really does make a difference.

Either way, I hope you get it worked out.

Stewart

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
On the drop spindles if you got the updated ones there is no grinding needed! I just did a friends truck with them. My truck has the old ones and yes I did grind the ears to fit the calipars. The back I got the JDM longbars they do hit but nothing major its with a bassani. Some minor issue but the end result makes up for it!
306.jpg

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
A rear shackle BY ITSELF can be considered slight, yes. But you coupled it with 2" drop spindles on the front, so in my opinion, the word "slight" can no longer be used to describe your drop.

But were they aware of your front drop spindles? It really does make a difference.

Either way, I hope you get it worked out.

Stewart

Oh yeah when i order stuff i make sure and spell out everything so i can get the best info possible.

It will be worked out by the end of the day. The spindles and shackles are done and on. The long bars are being modified as we speak. Any one know what the best course of action will be.

1) Weld a bracket on the ends to make the bar hang lower or
2) Bend the bar with a pipe bender. Just make a jog and then the angle it has will make it clear the exhaust. How much would a bend affect the way the bars work? Anyone know.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Try adjusting the exhaust. I have JLP bars and they clear my Bassani. And I have the JLP shackles set to the lowest setting, helper leafs and pinion shims removed.

Users who are viewing this thread