i'm mustangless, and miserable.

taintedme

Established Member
so, the cobra shot a rod through the oil pan back in April, and i was able to sell her for what i owed. after the last few months of cruising around in a cougar (that i paid $500 for!), i decided that i would attempt to "grow up"(i hit the big 30), and purchase a reasonable car which i did. i found a mint '95 lexus sc400:
121984.jpg
it's beautiful, quiet, and everything i thought a lexus would be, but here it is a few weeks later, and i'm finding myself shopping for another cobra. damn this addiction. anyone here ever outgrow the need for a mustang, or muscle car in general?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
lol, no dude. You are screwed. Ever see those 65 year old guys driving hot-rods and vettes? That'll be you one day..just stop fighting it and give in. You'll be happier.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I've officially been "mustang-less" for a year now after selling by pristine, low-mileage 01 Cobra. From January 1991 until December 2005, I owned a Mustang V8 of some type and that includes 3 GTs and 2 Cobras. I miss my Cobra very much and I hope that whoever has her, will take good care with her.
Now, I desire a new one, but I'm long past it now. I don't see anything wrong with older people driving sporty vehicles and I'm only 34. However, I had responsibilities that far outweighed keeping the Cobra. I do hope to get another some day, but as hard as it is for me to say, I'm done with Mustangs for awhile.

PONY MAN

Established Member
taintedme said:
so, the cobra shot a rod through the oil pan back in April, and i was able to sell her for what i owed. after the last few months of cruising around in a cougar (that i paid $500 for!), i decided that i would attempt to "grow up"(i hit the big 30), and purchase a reasonable car which i did. i found a mint '95 lexus sc400:
121984.jpg
it's beautiful, quiet, and everything i thought a lexus would be, but here it is a few weeks later, and i'm finding myself shopping for another cobra. damn this addiction. anyone here ever outgrow the need for a mustang, or muscle car in general?
Went trhough that phase in my late 20"s.
Got married & thought the thing to do was to get rid of my Z28 at the time & bought a sports sedan.
It was cool for a short time, soon got old with no sound & muslce.
Now, I own four vehicles & you can bet one in the stall is a Stang.
Good luck on finding another Stang\ Cobra.;-)

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I never owned a Mustang (or any other hot rod for that matter) till now, never could afford a second car payment. I worked 20 years to get to the point I could afford second car and there's no way I getting ride of it. Especially since I just paid it off this week!!!!

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I have owned Mustangs since 1986 when I bought my new Comp Prep SVO. I have since not been Mustangless until I sold my 2003 Cobra back in Nov. of 2003. I went 2 months without one and could not take it so I went out and got my current 04 Mystic Cobra. I am 50 now and will die with a Mustang in my hands. I dont care how old I am there will always be one or two in my garage. Muscle cars have always been in my blood. My first car at 17 was a 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge. I have not changed much since then except moving on to Mustangs.

04MysticCobra.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
goodluck on your hunt for a new mustang. This one I have now is my first mustang I have ever owned, hell its the first car I have ever owned. If I dont dump a lot of money into this one, im upgrading to an 03/04 cobra within the next few years, that or a new Challenger and keep this car for my "play" car

rmgtc01

Established Member
I owned four mustangs in a row.
Started with a V6 in highschool, then to a 98 GT vert, then an 01 GT vert, then an 03 Cobra vert. I just got rid of it this spring and I am miserable. I too went the sport sedan route with an 03 G35. It is nice, quiet, and has a little kick to it. It looks cool and for some reason women seem to like it more than the Cobra. Probably b/c it makes me seem more grown up, stable, and ready to settle down. F-all of that crap!
I figure I will have to deal with this anxiety until I buy a house next spring and finish school. After that it is on! I may even look into the 07 Cobra's at that point.
So, don't feel bad. I am sure everyone here feels the same way you do. That is why we drive what we drive. My ex said I was psycho-obsessive about it, but I think it is just passion and respect.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I'm 59 and have been addicted for over 43 years. I tried to kick the habit more than a few times. I just gave up. I too will die in that Cobra or something similar that is loud and fast. This is my third Cobra. I also had two 03's, an assortment of Z28's, Cuda's, Road Runner's and Super Bee's. And a few POS along the way. Expensive fun but you only get to do this once.............

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Skitzerman said:
I'm 59 and have been addicted for over 43 years. I tried to kick the habit more than a few times. I just gave up. I too will die in that Cobra or something similar that is loud and fast. This is my third Cobra. I also had two 03's, an assortment of Z28's, Cuda's, Road Runner's and Super Bee's. And a few POS along the way. Expensive fun but you only get to do this once.............
wow! Your cobra looks really nice man.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Almost 50 here and this is my 4th Mustang since 1979 along with an assortment of "other" cars. I get a fair amount of teasing, but it's all good. I don't see anything but Mustangs in my future.

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
I'm right there with you guys. I went on a fast track to a Cobra. Got an 03 GT last year, but it was auto, so I got an 04 GT that was a 5 speed...realized it was slow, got an 04 mach 1 and loved it, then I got a deal on an 03 Cobra with 500rwhp and friggin loved it. But I had to get a 4x4 so I went to a new Tacoma...got rid of that because it wasn't even a V8. Now I have a F150 Fx4...at least it gives me the rumble.

Users who are viewing this thread