I'm going a another route with my ignition system

duane v

Established Member
I just can't seem to cure my ignition issues above 6800 rpm, I've tried different coil-packs, and really the aftermarket types are not as good as the stockers, even the stockers have a tendency to lose their power at 6800 rpm and higher...I've tried the MSD DIS4, plasma booster, Jacobs and the KB BAS, and 3 of the 4 have failed time after time after time:mj:

So now I'm going a different direction. I'm going with an ignition system that resembles the Buick GN system and mounts directly over the intake....I'll have to modify taylor 408's wires with different boots so they will plug into the high out-put coils.

The kit will be in my hands sometime next week, and I'm hoping it will be the difference that me and my tuner are looking for....wish me luck....DA snake boy!!!

mcaligiuri

Established Member
where did u have ur msd located, i think the heat in the engine bay is the main cause of failure on those things

duane v

Established Member
mcaligiuri said:
where did u have ur msd located, i think the heat in the engine bay is the main cause of failure on those things
Mine was located inside the car...After sending it back for the 4th time, I ripped the POS out and gave it to a buddy....DA snake boy!!!!

1sloCobra

Banned
Id really like to get the DIS4 but all I hear is people end up ripping them out and sending them back a million times.

Users who are viewing this thread