Im getting so anxious....

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
My poor car has been down since January. He came down with a case of the drivers side bank melted. Unknown to what cause this issue all I know is it needed to be fixed!

New Diamond 3.572 Ceramic and Teflon coated pistons, rotating assembly balanced(to the new auto flexplate and new pistons), crank polished, block bored honed and cleaned, Total seal AP rings file fit, clevite coated bearings, MMR side bolts, ARP main studs, ARP head bolts, new Cometic head gaskets, degreed factory cams.

Built 4R70W, 3200 stall, Bauminator controller on a full auto jerry modded valve body.

Redoing the front mount IC to bring it to the front of the bumper, cleaning up the engine bay, running the crank vent to the exhaust, putting in dual widebands one per bank and going to powder coat the timing cover and both valve covers to wrinkle red, coil covers, lower intake to wrinkle black. (Colors arnt set in stone yet)

Dang it I cant wait. I am FINALLY into the reassembly stage. I am so damn anxious to get this finished up and back on the road. Poor car has been on jack stands and under a cover for way to long.

Only thing left is to drop the parts off at the powder coater. I cant really decide if I like that black on red combo but I cant think of a better combo. Chrome is great but Im not going to tackle that.

Last edited:

stal94gt

Established Member
i have heard some info on routing the crank vents to the exhaust using a check valve and having the bung welded at an angle but i have never personaly tried it. im curious to how it works out, could be a good solution to no smell, good vacume, but may smoke a little if it draws any oil

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Well my setup is a catch can and using the exhaust to pull vacuum instead of the intake. I dont think it will pull any oil unless I let the catch can over fill.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Ive done a lot of research on crank ventilation and is actually one of my biggest pet peeves. Crank ventilation should always be positively pulled from the crank case NOT open air vented. My opinion though. I have gotten into more arguments over this than any other engine component.

stal94gt

Established Member
it can be vented atmospheric or have a vac source to it. having a vac source has the potential to add a few more hp, but having it contained will reduce the moisture build up in a motor extending the life of motor oil. i really dont like keeping it in the intake track because of the oil issue. alot of the big dog drag racers run their crank vents in the exhaust, summit sells a pretty decent kit that i may run myself cause im tired of smelling it. if you have a wide band i would be sure it is after the senser.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
If you vent it to atmosphere its NOT a PCV or POSITIVE crank ventilation. Sure its a simple ventilation but is NOT what a modern car is designed for. Notice how I mentioned how I get into more arguments about this?

Your method is your choice, I would never do it myself. Not on my 800 hp cobra, not not my my 600HP civic, not on my 47 HP 4wheeler. Each to their own. lol

Users who are viewing this thread