I'm finally a true member of the club

agof95

Established Member
I took delivery of my zinc yellow 03 cobra yesterday. I've been waiting for this since last summer.

I took her up to 80 a couple of times to check for the vibe and felt nothing :) . She didn't vibe at 120 either :thumbsup: .

This car is by far the best mustang I've ever owned. I traded in a '99 GT on it and got rid of my '98 Cobra last summer. It is night and day better than my '98 in every aspect. This is truly one bad ass car.

I do however have one extremely annoying problem. There is a squeak eminating from the rear of the car. It seems to be coming from the rear deck, but it's hard to locate an actual source. I don't think it's suspension related because it happens even on the smoothest of roads. I guess I'll have to lay in the back while my buddy drives around to determine the source. Any suggestions?

I've learned an incredible amount about these cars from this site and just wanted to thank you guys :beer:

Before you ask, pics will come next week.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Welcome aboard! I had the same problem with my 03. Drove me nuts for a while. The service dept. replaced the back window. Not it. I had the 03 in a total of I believe 5 times before they got a tech person from dearborn to check it out. As it turned out mine had some issues with the driver side rear seat. After taking it out it was discovered that there was some metal to metal contact in the hinge area. After this was repaired and adjusted the problem went away. As I said they tried everything before finally coming up with the correct solution. I hope this will help you out.

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
Congrats and welcome. I feel the same way!

My third Cobra and by far the best. Maybe because it was built on Dec 12,02!:thumbsup:

agof95

Established Member
Thanks to all for the welcome.

DD & Hunter, I'm about 100 miles east of Dallas so maybe I'll hook up with y'all at one of the DFW GTG's. I lived in Plano/Frisco for 5 years and miss the resturaunts mostly. That is one of the drawbacks of living out here in the country.

Ray, I'll keep the rear seat in mind today while I look for the squeak. I hope finding it doesn't turn into a several week ordeal. I may go crazy if I have to listen to this squeak much longer.

I'm ordering some magnaflows tomorrow. I can't get over how quiet the stock mufflers are. A buddy of mine got one back in July, but he had a custom catback put on with magnaflows before he picked it up. Therefore, mine is the first 03 with stock mufflers that I've heard.

The densecharger and MGW shifter handle go on today.

coleman

Established Member
agof95, what a coincidence! that could have been my handle too! May 1995 then moved straight up here to Dallas. ... and we have the same color Cobra too!

hope to meet in you in person soon! ... you just missed yesterday's GTG :(

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Squeeks and rattles are extremely elusive in pinning down the origin. There has been a known problem with the passenger seat rubbing, being fixed with a few washers added to the outboard seat mounting bolts. I believe some members have eliminated that particular prob by moving the seat to the rearward position and keeping the seatbelt latched at all times...

Good luck and welcome to the "club" :thumbsup:

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Originally posted by agof95
DD & Hunter, I'm about 100 miles east of Dallas so maybe I'll hook up with y'all at one of the DFW GTG's.
You need to. The drive is well worth it. Yesterdays GTG was a 140 mile round trip for me. I plan on attending all future GTG's that I can.:beer:

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Welcome aboard. The squeaking is the rear drivers seat. I had the same problem with my 01. It seems to be a common problem. Good luck with the mods!

agof95

Established Member
Thanks again for the welcome

Coleman, it seems you beat me by seven months. I didn't graduate until December. The four and a half year plan:). I'm ready to see what Franchione can do for the team.

I had a buddy of mine drive the car while I layed down in the back. It seemed the squeak was coming from the base of the rear window. I gave up on looking for it while I installed my DC (I'll get to that later). I took the car to the car wash to spray it off and the squeak was gone as soon as I left the car wash. It's definately on the exterior, probably the rear window seal. I'll have to see how long it takes for it dry out again.

The DC install was a bit of a pain getting it up through the wheel well. However, it wasn't too bad. After all the bad press the DC was getting on this site, I was wondering if the car would run at all after putting it on. I'm happy to say that it not only runs, but runs like a bat out of hell. I gained at least 1 pound of boost and the blower whine is much louder:thumbsup:

I'm going to put the MGW handle on later on tonight.

Is Full Line Exhaust the best(cheapest) place to order the Magnaflow system?

haskett

Established Member
Congratulations !

Pic's ?

I have a number of rattles. Even after 3400 miles, I haven't worked up the courage to have a dealership perform warranty work yet.

Users who are viewing this thread