I'm f'd

kingcobra9450

Established Member
so i was leaking alot of oil the past week and my fears came true and then some. It was the rear main that was leaking. Yeah that sucks but it gets worst. I also noticed some oil on my manifold. So i took it to the shop and the gasket on my intake was dry rotted and coolant was leaking into the oil and throttlebody and injectors. So my life sucks and im out 3200 bucks. Im so pissed right now....

BelvedereGTX

Banned
your cars a 5.0 right? 3200 bucks to replace the lower intake gaskets whcih cost 30 bucks? I screwed up when I did my h/c/i install a month ago and sprung the same leak you speak of. The whole job took me 2 hours or so to complete. The rms? Thats no big deal at all. Every 5.0 rms leaks. That can wait for your next clutch. It only drips. what the heck are you payin 3200 bucks for?

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I'm pretty upset with my Mustang right now as well. I want to set the damn thing on fire. :fm: Sorry to hear about the problems.

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
kingcobra9450 said:
so i was leaking alot of oil the past week and my fears came true and then some. It was the rear main that was leaking. Yeah that sucks but it gets worst. I also noticed some oil on my manifold. So i took it to the shop and the gasket on my intake was dry rotted and coolant was leaking into the oil and throttlebody and injectors. So my life sucks and im out 3200 bucks. Im so pissed right now....

buy a used motor off ebay.... way cheaper then 3200

kingcobra9450

Established Member
Its not really the parts as much as the labor because i also forgot that the oil pan is f'd and is leakin a lil bit and i needed both front and rear brakes to pass inspection and those arent cheap. Alot of the labor is dropping the k member. I just want the car to be in good condition so im getting everything taken care of so it doesnt kick me in the a$$ in the long run. The real kicker is that the car doent even have 45000 miles on it....

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
Ouch that sucks man. Thats why i started work on my cars in teh first place. If you can do anything yourself its so cheap vs a shop.

Sorry for the bad luck id try and upgrade what i could though.

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
my intake gasket is shot too and now i have a valve tap...what did your car do when it had the intake leak? mine ran hot after 5 mins and made the exhaust very wierd sounding like it was muffled sort of

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
no crap, you can get a gasket on there, just takes time.... i work for a ford dealer, and that seems high....

kingcobra9450

Established Member
there was a lil knocking but thats about it. they are dropping the k memeber for the gasket on the main seal i guess i dunno i kinda just assumed they would have to. Anyway i already gave them the go ahead cuz i want my car back so i can beat the hell out of it for costing me so much....

Wildpony

Established Member
Seems like you could have pulled it & got a full rebuild for maybe a grand more.That or one of those FRPP crate motors dropped in..

Users who are viewing this thread