I'm doing it. I'm getting 4.30's. :)

kaos

Established Member
I couldn't for the life of me decide between 4.10's and 4.30's or just leave the 3.73's I have in there. I was fearing the gear for highway driving, but screw it. I didn't want to waste money on 4.10's and it not be a big enough jump from the 3.73's.

I was writing down how much of a difference between the 4.10's and 4.30's at cruising speeds and it was just about 150 rpm.

One question I told the shop I wanted the rebuild kit, just because I heard that word being thrown around. Is that necessary?

I'm also getting Magnapacks welded in. :):):rockon: People are going to hate me for sure now, but oh well. I only get one chance at life and I have to get everything out of my system.

I'm going to make a vid of my present exhaust and then on the same clip with the magnapacks welded in for you guys.

Wraith

Established Member
You'll love the 4.30's. I miss mine. Huge diff. even between the 4.10's and 4.30's. Be prepared to light 'em up and have a blast!
:burn:

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by RioRed4v
i'm still torn between deciding on 4.10 or 4.30's.

Here do this on a piece of paper. It's what helped me realize I should go 4.30's.

Pick any rpm with the 4.10's and multiply it by 1.05 and that will tell you your rpms with 4.30's.

4.10 4.30
2000 2100
2500 2625
2873 3013 (Actual rpm 80mph in 5th gear)
3500 3675
6000 6300

As you can see at the lower rpms the difference is neglible. At 2000 it's only a 100 rpm difference. At 6000 it's a 300 rpm difference.

kaos

Established Member
Thanks, I can't wait. I really wanted it this weekend, but the guy was busy so I have to wait till next week.

How many miles do I have to break them in for?

Toplesss

Established Member
Cobra4pt6... I love my 3.27's as well. Wouldnt change them if I could get it all done for free. For what I use my car for, they are perfect.:beer:

omslaw... I think you made the right choice getting the 4.30's over the 4.10's. I havent heard many good things about the 4.10's. What are you going to do with your Magnaflows? A good freind of mine just put them on his 01, and they really picked it up over the Flowmasters he used to have. Congrats on the new mods...:beer:

mikey99cobra

Established Member
dont fear the gear. I love my 4.56s and i do a lot of highway driving. you get use to the high rpms and after about a week its like it came from factory like that.

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by Toplesss
Cobra4pt6... I love my 3.27's as well. Wouldnt change them if I could get it all done for free. For what I use my car for, they are perfect.:beer:

omslaw... I think you made the right choice getting the 4.30's over the 4.10's. I havent heard many good things about the 4.10's. What are you going to do with your Magnaflows? A good freind of mine just put them on his 01, and they really picked it up over the Flowmasters he used to have. Congrats on the new mods...:beer:

Thanks. Yeah I think I picked a little too, but my dyno was with the catted x as well. So who knows exactly how much from each I got.

As for the magnaflows, I'm going to hold on to them for a short while to make sure I can live with the Magnapacks. I even went as far as to order the bassani baffles in case I have a long drive with a girl that can't stand it or when I get a ticket and I need them to quiet down so I can write the ticket off. :beer:

But if I do sell them, I'll remember this thread and I'll let you know first.

By the way your car looks badass in your sig. :rockon:

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by mikey99cobra
dont fear the gear. I love my 4.56s and i do a lot of highway driving. you get use to the high rpms and after about a week its like it came from factory like that.

I love hearing that. I've been practicing driving in fourth on the highway and it seems like you really do get used to it. At one point I looked down and saw that I was cruising at 3400 and I didn't think too much of it. When that happened I figured the 4.30's shouldn't be too bad.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Sweet. I'd like to put gears in down the road when I get to all the other stuff I can't afford. ha ha. congrats and good luck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread