I'm currently overseas and I need HELP! (99 Cobra tail light related)

jaehow23

Established Member
I'm current in Afghanistan and I need some big help if anyone can provide it.

I am trying to swap my tail lights in my 04 to the 99 Cobra tail lights. I found a set but they don't come with the harnesses so I will be using the stock harness.

My question is, is anyone here familiar enough to wire a set up to include the 5th bulb and splice everything to make it straight plug-n-play? I could have the harnesses and everything sent to you and pay for labor. I only have 10 days of leave when I get back and I simply wont have enough time to tackle the job myself.

If anyone can point me in the direction of help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

jaehow23

Established Member
Vrt03, I'm familiar with the process of how it's done, I'm looking to see if someone can modify a harness for me so I can just install them when I get home for R&R if I wasn't limited on time, I would be able to make everything myself. I appreciate the link, though!

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Vrt03, I'm familiar with the process of how it's done, I'm looking to see if someone can modify a harness for me so I can just install them when I get home for R&R if I wasn't limited on time, I would be able to make everything myself. I appreciate the link, though!

Whoops, sorry. I installed them on my vert & my coupe, only took me about 15-20 minutes, either way my appologies and good luck.

jaehow23

Established Member
Did you modify the stock 04 harness? Or did you already have the 99-01 harness? It seems like this is gonna take a couple hours, but if you say 15-20 mins then I may be able to knock it out myself...

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I am using an 01 harness in my 91 , did a complete body harness swap with the drive train.
I am pretty good with electronics.

I don't know what the 03-04 end of it looks like.

I do have a electrical manual from Ford , for 01 Mustang .

Ill check and see if I can help .
Thanks for serving.

jaehow23

Established Member
Ashley, thank you very much.

The 04 harness only has 4 bulbs, you have to add a 5th for the blinker and I'm not sure how to wire them up correctly..

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I am aware how many bulbs there are ,and what you need.
I have a factory wire diagram , and you need to only add 2 wires and of course the requisite bulb holder.

If you would like , I can shoot you a picture of the diagram.
P.m. me if you need help.

I was referring to the harness socket.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Did you modify the stock 04 harness? Or did you already have the 99-01 harness? It seems like this is gonna take a couple hours, but if you say 15-20 mins then I may be able to knock it out myself...

Modified the stock 03/04 Harness, just have to add a extra bulb socket/connector for the amber turn signal. I followed the exact instructions in the link, it was quick.

Users who are viewing this thread