I'm completely lost in the horsepower wars!

bandit_48032

Established Member
So, I just don't know what to do anymore. Ever sence I started learning about 03/04 Cobra's I had to bow down and kiss the floor that the Terminators drove over. I have been saving up for an 03/04 Cobra now for a few years while I've been going to college and such, I currently have an 00' Formula I have been trying to sell to help me get to that point. I'm just completely lost in the horsepower wars in my hometown. There is a 95 Z28 that had 10k put into the motor this summer, a S10 thats running in the single digits, and a kid who just dropped a crap ton of money into his 98 TA running 12 pounds of boost with his procharger. I guess his 0-60 time is 3 seconds flat. I just don't know what I should do right now, I know there is always someone faster but what gives! :shrug:

I really wanna hand it to that TA because the guys is just cocky. He's 20 and always buying the biggest and best things. He bought a 13k TA, put 8k into a procharger and ZO6 wheels with MT DR's, and some suspension. Bought a 2005 GSXR 1000, and recently just bought an 02 Mustang GT for around 10k for a winter beater!

So what should I do?

Option #1- Just give up, and buy a station wagon
Option #2- Buy a Terminator
Option #3- Buy a Fox Body

What should I do? :shrug:

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
no worrys man, i'm 19, i'm happy where i am, there's always someone faster :shrug:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
If your only 20 then take a deep breath and relax. Focus in on your career and school. Once you have those priorities in line you'll start making the $ to buy the rod of your choice and mod the hell out of it.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Theres always someone faster.
Get what you want if you want to go fast.

I don't street race so I decided to go track only.
I'm the 2nd to slowest dragster that runs at our track, do I care? No.
I'm going as fast as I want to go for cheap.
They're always working on stuff and breaking stuff.
I put gas and go, Adjust valve lash every 25 passes and go again.
Life is about being happy with where your at, if you worry about what every one else does you'll be miserable.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Ender said:
Doesn't the Firebird have an LS1? It's not hard to get power out of one.

I know the firebird's have v6's in them, but if its a formula like his i believe its a lsl. I believe a formula is a transam without all the extra looks and weight:read:

bandit_48032

Established Member
Ya, I have the 5.7L LS1, after I started researching the Terminators I just fell in love with Mustangs! I don't want to have anything to do with LS1 Trans Am's or Formula's anymore! Not to mention everyone and their grandmother has a Trans Am in my town.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I'd have to say cam and heads on the formula to start. I wouldn't worry about getting another car right now, as it will just cost you more in the long run(insurance, payments, starting over with mods, etc).

LS1's can go pleanty fast, just put a little into your car and you'll be happy. Everytime I get bored with what I have, I just mod it some more. After you tire of the heads/cam, put a 100 shot on it. It'll be like a whole new car all over again:)

bandit_48032

Established Member
I would like to mod my Formula but honestly I'm really just not a fan of the F-Body anymore. I mean, I guess if I had a vette it would be nice but I would honestly much rather have a Mustang.

When I found out the possibilities of the 03/04 Cobra's I completely fell in love with them. That, and the body style itself. As far as I'm concerned nothing looks better than an 03/04 Cobra with a Saleen Body kit on it. Terminator + me = A match made in heaven.

I'm just sick of having the slowest car around and there is no way in hell I'm gonna be able to keep up with a 20 year old guy that has gobbs of money coming out of his ass to drop on Mustangs, Trans Am's, and Crotch Rockets. I guess I just get fed up with everyone thats always like, "Hey, you wanna race! You Wanna race!" and it's pointless because they are either full bolt on and spraying, supercharged, or packaged with heads and cam. I just get sick and tired of it. I'm sure some of you guys know what I'm talking about.

(I know the kid with the TA ran 11.70's at the track on 5 pounds of boost I believe. Now I guess he's running 12 pounds of boost. His computer programmer said his cars 0-60 is 3 seconds. Thats what my buddy told me anyways.) :shrug:

Coiled03

Established Member
I'm just completely lost in the horsepower wars in my hometown. There is a 95 Z28 that had 10k put into the motor this summer, a S10 thats running in the single digits, and a kid who just dropped a crap ton of money into his 98 TA running 12 pounds of boost with his procharger.

What does any of this have to do with YOU, YOUR car, and what makes YOU happy? Do what you wanna do......screw the rest of 'em.

Man.....I'll never understand why so many people's happiness hinges on what other people are doing. :nonono:

bandit_48032

Established Member
Coiled03 said:
What does any of this have to do with YOU, YOUR car, and what makes YOU happy? Do what you wanna do......screw the rest of 'em.

Man.....I'll never understand why so many people's happiness hinges on what other people are doing. :nonono:

I understand where you're coming from. I just get aggrivated sometimes, and when people are always like, "hey race me, race me!" and they know they have a faster car, it just gets on my nerves. Espcially when there are always a ton of people around and they flaunt it.

I don't wanna get a Terminator and bring shame to all of the SVT members by being known as the Slobra in town! haha j/k (I still want a Terminator no matter what!)

bandit_48032

Established Member
Ender said:
Longtubes and a good midpipe would probably be a better starting point for an LS1.

I agree, thats what pretty much all of the F-Body guys start off with around here. They go with an off-road Y, and Pacesetter Headers. (usually) with a cat-back of course.

Then the heads and cam usually follow up right after that.

dbmach12004

SuperStar
Established Member
bandit_48032 said:
recently just bought an 02 Mustang GT for around 10k for a winter beater!

If it bothers you that much just sit back and laugh at him using a mustang GT as a "WINTER CAR" :bash:

Wintermute

Banned
bandit_48032 said:
(I know the kid with the TA ran 11.70's at the track on 5 pounds of boost I believe. Now I guess he's running 12 pounds of boost. His computer programmer said his cars 0-60 is 3 seconds. Thats what my buddy told me anyways.) :shrug:

Um, Bugatti Veyron, 1000bhp (under-rated) 0-60 is 3 seconds, and that is disputed.

Your friend's high 11 second TA is not doing a 3 second 0-60. It's probably not even breaking 4.

edit: I was bored and checked into this a little more, apparently the guys at C&D pulled a 2.3 with a Veyron, but it is AWD too. So lets use the McLaren F1, 550hp, 2804 lb curb wieght, does 0-60 in 3.2, so anyway you get the idea, its a supercar number.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread