I'm bummed. I need a new front bumper. I need to vent!

kaos

Established Member
[rant][self pity]

Right now I really don't like my car. It's not perfect anymore. I want to get rid of it now. I wish someone would steal it. My stupid ass didn't pull the parking brake 100% of the way up and it rolled into my cousin's truck. So now I have a big gash on the bumper and headlights are all scratched.

I was so mad on the way home that when I was coasting at 20-30 mph I pulled up on the ebrake as hard as I could and the car barely slowed down.

I'm going to punish myself and I'm not going drag racing, autocrossing, and cruising for at least 5 months. She will not be washed and dino oil is going back in there. No new rims or any mods. I'm going to run her into the ground now!

I swear, there must be some curse on me. I can't ever have anything nice. I try to get out the ghetto, but some force wants to keep me miserable.

[/self pity][/rant]

I have no idea how much damage and whether a new bumper will ever look straight again.

If all I need a new bumper. Should I go aftermarket, 01 bumper, 03 bumper, or Saleen? Do all them need to be painted too including the ones on bumpers.com?

I kinda like the Cervini's Stalker front bumper. http://www.cervinis.com/welcome.html

This one might be a little too ricey for me. http://www.grounddesigns2000.com

Same with the Xenon front bumper.

Any other ideas? I like the Cobra R, but I don't want to do that one.

Thanks for listening.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
dont treat your cobra like shit, cuz you ****ed up. make an insurance claim, and get the cervinis kit...the stalker is awesome...get that hood too. BTW that y u are supposed to leave the car in gear when parked. even if your e-brake fails, the car stays put.:bash:

Get it fixed, keep it clean, and stop your bitching, you sound like a bitch on her rag.(no disrespect ladies)

SVTHorsnake

Banned
I sympathise as my car was on jacks for 3 months with one wheel literally facing the ground but I still garaged it and built it back up. Don't rag on the car but I know how it feels when it's just not right, it feels like a beater. Take it, give it a wash and a hand wax, AFTER you've removed the front clip (not the bumper) and your passion will be restored. I will e-mail before and after pics of my car some time to you. I think you can buy bumpers painted and don't worry, getting the bumper on straight has nothing to do with replacing it, if you buy OEM quality or better, it will be on straight.

Relax, I promise, the more care you put towards it, the less it will feel like a beater. Just get it washed, take extra better care of it, it's all in your head. If you put in effort and money it will feel like you efforts are not wasted, maintain a mentality of "the damage is consolidated and I'm building it back up", like a project, that's what mine was for a long while...

Good Luck and Respect your car no matter what shape it's in.

(I even washed and waxed the panels I know weren't going to be painted/replaced when mine was on jacks, it always need care and love no matter what shape it's in, would you leaved a family memember and never see that person again because that person broke a leg?)

:beer:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
treat it like your modding it and it's in pieces for now, it's the same car, just remove all the damaged components and treat it as a project build. You're fixing a car who's other parts are perfect. You'll feel alot better when the damaged parts are removed and you have a plan of action, think it through, like you would a mod.

:thumbsup:

kaos

Established Member
Thanks guys. I needed my ass to be set straight. :beer: I just had to get out all my fustrations so that I could start over clean. I can't stay mad for too long. It's usually just a bit until my common sense comes back.

And the more I look at the Cervinis kit and the hood the more I like it.

SVTHorse - I'm confused. What did you mean by removing the front clip and not the bumper. I'm having a brain fart here. And when you do get pics I would really like it. A little motivation is good.

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
If you get another front bumper and don't need your fogs, I would buy them from you if interested.

I'll keep that in mind.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Removing the clip is the part which is painted... the "bumper" by technicality is the foam portion and the piece under it that maintains mounting for all the stuff... good luck, it's easy to think of your car as a beataer, it just takes a little effort to turn that thought.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:eek: Damn George...dont say that man.

Sorry about that brotha. Brand new Facia will be cool....like SVTHorsnake said....start of piece by piece. Takes time bro :D

BTW i found the unit that goes into the Fender....all parts are ur still :??:

Users who are viewing this thread