Im beating this dead horse, again, again, again, again

MustangMatt77

Established Member
Please don't tell me to use the search option.
With so many posts and "key words" it really dilutes your search options when searching for a specific question, plus as technology evolves or products are tried out, there is bound to be new/ updated answers.

SOOOOOOOOOO

I am interested in a cam swap (96 cobra, stock).
I want a nasty sound more than I want any performance increase.

That said im looking for 2 opposite answers/ input.

1. Suggestions on cams I can use that gives me a good sound with minimal to no accessory upgrades ?

2. Suggestions on cams I can use that would require minimal accessory upgrades? (ie, injectors, gears, tune)

As always, any sound clips or videos are welcomed. Remember I have a stock cobra.
And lastly, I prefer owners with the actual cams installed, not necessarily "my friend has these or I would use these".

I know im picky, but then again im the one paying for the cams and work to be done.

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
As far as reference, I have a set of Comp blower cams in my '98, they have a really nice lope in my opinion. I can post a video if you like. Granted I have a blower, built bottom end, etc, so not really apples to apples here.

But, for recommendations, the two names that come to my mind that offer a few options are Comp and Sean Hyland. The Sean Hyland are all reground, so something to think about, but are a bit cheaper, especially if you send your originals in. Each site give a decent description on what to expect for torque, power, and sound. Comp site also offers what upgrades they suggest are required.

https://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/parts-accesories/1996-2004-mustang/cylinder-heads-cams6?page=2

http://www.compperformancegroupstor...=CTGY&Store_Code=CC&Category_Code=106-CAMXRPM

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread