im back... w/pics and info

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Well now that the season is officially over I'm back in the forum/modding world :beer:

Took the car to the track 2 months ago. On a 60 degree day with bad air the car went 10.80 first pass and second pass 10.91 both @ 131mph with a 1.69and a 1.63 short time :nonono: then it started raining.... :nonono: The 26" tall M/T dr and (N/A set up) 4.10 gear really killed my launches. Spun real hard through first but still managed a few 10 second passes which made my day. That was full weight, stock interior, stock solid axle, 600rwhp novi2000 set up at 15.5psi, with power everything still, banging gears through a bone stock T56. 2 seasons back to back with about 5000+ street miles driving the hell out of the car with stock 6 speed and bone stock GT solid axle. Cannot believe the rear end is still in this car. True testimonial that the stock 8.8 sra works.

Now its time for spool, 3.55 gear, axles, 8 rib conversion, 20psi, and a wet kit (just in case). Also gonna throw in a set of corbeau cr1 seats this week. Already cant wait for next season. Goal for next year is high 9s and still drive it everywhere 3000+ street miles min. And its a street car so I'll be banging gears through the stock T56 until she blows :rockon:

Spent more time driving it then taking pics thats why there are crappy cell phone pics

2011-10-02_163410.jpg

2011-10-09_093359.jpg

and just in case people wanna see the engine.

2011-05-08_100045.gif

Last edited:

zPipes

Established Member
wait, what, i guess im confused, you said (N/A set up) and i was thinking naturally aspirated, but your runnin 15lbs of boost on a paxton. does that na stand for something else?

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
nice numbers, lol on the 'bone stock' t56. you need more beef?

Ya I really need a D&D T56 with the power its gonna be making.

Awesome man!! Just curious are you running a ported intake of somesort?

Nazman ported short runner :rockon:

wait, what, i guess im confused, you said (N/A set up) and i was thinking naturally aspirated, but your runnin 15lbs of boost on a paxton. does that na stand for something else?

i said (n/a set up) 4.10 gear. Meaning that gear was in the car for when i was running it naturally aspirated. Its way to much gear with the blower set up.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea like you said 4.10's are waay to much gear lol.. When I drove my car it was insane. It's quick but I think it's doing more harm then good since you aren't even staying in the powerband long enough before you have to shift.. I'm going with some 3.73's hopefully this year..

zPipes

Established Member
ah gotcha man, thanks for clearin that up for me. wish i had your money lol, cars a beast.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Not sure if I wouldn't try 28"s before changing the gears.

What RPM and gear are you going through the traps in now?

That trap speed is good for another .5 as it sits if you could 60' the damm thing. lol

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Stock input shaft on the T56?

yeah... this is the 3rd high hp blower car ive had this trans in and it still shifts perfect and has no issues. Dont ask cause idk how its holding up either lol

Not sure if I wouldn't try 28"s before changing the gears.

What RPM and gear are you going through the traps in now?

That trap speed is good for another .5 as it sits if you could 60' the damm thing. lol

I tried 28's and it didnt help to much. It launched better but went slower.

4th gear pretty much touching the rev limit at 7000-7200 through the traps

ya i know that once i put the 355 gear in it and dial in the launch the car has a 10.30 pass in it no problem :beer:

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
10.30s at it's current boost level or with 20psi?

Current boost level. Driver mod and practice makes perfect. You gotta remember my trap speed is good for that but that 410 gear is killing me. I have videos of me shifting 2nd before the tree :lol: With that much power you need a 355 gear to make good use of the boost in the powerband. My car with the 410 runs through the RPM like a bat out of hell so im not using the boost effeciently at all.

watch my tach in this video

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeaF6lLSzEA"]Pull w/windows down - YouTube[/nomedia]

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea man I totally feel yea lol!!! 4.10's makes 2nd useless and that's a prime gear imo.. I bet 3.55's are going to help a ton :beer:.. This is what my car did lol. spinning etc, and you can see how short 2nd was
AEDHP's Channel - YouTube

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Yea man I totally feel yea lol!!! 4.10's makes 2nd useless and that's a prime gear imo.. I bet 3.55's are going to help a ton :beer:.. This is what my car did lol. spinning etc, and you can see how short 2nd was
AEDHP's Channel - YouTube

Looks like it was just crawlin til 3rd gear lol Sounds good!!!! Looks like we have the same issue :nonono:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea, well you have the bigger issue since I don't drag race my car.. That was just for shits and giggles lol. But yes I am switching out to 3.73's.. I'd do 3.55's if I had an 04 cobra 6th gear, but sadly I don't.. I have a .50 6th gear and with 3.55's I could never utilize it. I used to have 3.55's on my old setup with this transmission and I could never use 6th it was just to steep.. :(

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Yea, well you have the bigger issue since I don't drag race my car.. That was just for shits and giggles lol. But yes I am switching out to 3.73's.. I'd do 3.55's if I had an 04 cobra 6th gear, but sadly I don't.. I have a .50 6th gear and with 3.55's I could never utilize it. I used to have 3.55's on my old setup with this transmission and I could never use 6th it was just to steep.. :(

Now wonder you spun so hard ...your car makes a ton of tq with that 302. Thats bad ass. What kind of wheels and tires were you using in that video?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea I have a TON of tq under the curve too man.. It's crazy lol. The wheels are HRE's in the front with my street tire and in the rear a black chrome FR500 17'' rim with used Nitto's DR's.. and when I mean used I mean almost gone ahahaha. Mind you this wasnt the tune that was ran at the track.. this is my 20 degree tune, he ran on 18 degrees at the track.. :beer:
Chris98Cobra.jpg

Last edited:

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
My car is doing the same shit with 4.10's and the procharger. I had so much tire spin with the 4.10's and the 28's. I has bonestock suspension other than some adjustables in the back, i guess suspension plays a big role.

Here is a Vid.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4YZA-Z0gqo&feature=player_profilepage"]99cobra09 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Yea I have a TON of tq under the curve too man.. It's crazy lol. The wheels are HRE's in the front with my street tire and in the rear a black chrome FR500 17'' rim with used Nitto's DR's.. and when I mean used I mean almost gone ahahaha. Mind you this wasnt the tune that was ran at the track.. this is my 20 degree tune, he ran on 18 degrees at the track.. :beer:

Well that explains a lot... lol you arent gonna go anywhere with those rims and tires :p.

My car is doing the same shit with 4.10's and the procharger. I had so much tire spin with the 4.10's and the 28's. I has bonestock suspension other than some adjustables in the back, i guess suspension plays a big role.

Here is a Vid.
99cobra09 - YouTube

yup yet another 4.10/blower tire melter. :nonono: suspension is huge. I have drag springs, no sway bar, lower control arms, gas adjustables and still melts em in first :bash:

Dangit ya'll having me doubt I'll be able to do anything with my 4.30 + d1sc:)

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra

UMMMMM ya... your not going anywhere til mid 3rd gear :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread