I'm back... and it feels good!

4camwonder

Established Member
I thought I would let you guys know I'm back on the forums after a long time off.

I recently picked up a 94 cobra, white, optioned out, and full 03-04 cobra interior. car has been sitting for a while but no big deal as my first cobra had been the same way. I picked this one up since I've been kicking myself in ass for selling my 97 cobra...

For now I want to get the 94 up to the same performance as the 97. sadly it will take a lot more to get it there.

The 97 had 4.10s, a built t45 and spec clutch, and manifold back exhaust. it went 13.00 @ 105 in full weight on DR's. (yes spare tire and all, even had my books and crap from school in it).

So I would like to get the 94 to run the same time for now, and a lot faster later. I've never had a 5.0L car so any advice would be great. an

And just so you you guys know... damn it feels good to be back in a cobra. :rockon:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Bastardo! I've been wanting to get back into an SN95 5.0 myself!

4camwonder

Established Member
Welcome back:beer: Anything done for engine mods on the new ride?

right now it has a cam (i don't know what the specs are), and long tubes with full cat back, and a CAI.

and I'll have pics up later this week if i get a chance to wash it... stupid exams taking all of my time...

Pushrodsnake

Back in Black
Established Member
At least 3.73s on the gears. They're perfect for a stock H/C/I 5.0, but I'm not sure how much lower you would want to go depending on what kind of aftermarket H/C/I you go with.

My94GT

Established Member
geat some 3.73s in asap. also look into h\c\i or you can pick up a used s trim or something of the sort. used blowers are to be had for a damn good deal now

97cobraheaven

Established Member
Did the Cobra come stock with 1.7 rockers? You could always shave the heads for compression and get some port work done. GT40s are a good head that can be massaged for good power

Pushrodsnake

Back in Black
Established Member
Did the Cobra come stock with 1.7 rockers? You could always shave the heads for compression and get some port work done. GT40s are a good head that can be massaged for good power
Yeah. They're 1.7:1 made by Crane, and have a Ford part number.

Toasty

Established Member

I hate to differ, but porting GT40 heads isnt really a viable option unless you're getting the port job for almost free. Much better aftermarket heads are available at not much more in cost than what you would pay in a port/polish job and the money you'd get from just selling the GT40's outright to someone.

AFR, TFS, Edelbrock, World Products, all make nice Windsor heads - you just need to decide what your goals are in terms of power levels.

4camwonder

Established Member
thanks for all the advice guys. in all honesty I'm looking to get around 400-450 reliable horsepower with a very conservative tune; so a blower is in the cars future. i would like to avoid rebuilding the bottom end as long as possible, but if it has to happen it's whatever.

should have pics up this weekend.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
I hate to differ, but porting GT40 heads isnt really a viable option unless you're getting the port job for almost free. Much better aftermarket heads are available at not much more in cost than what you would pay in a port/polish job and the money you'd get from just selling the GT40's outright to someone.

AFR, TFS, Edelbrock, World Products, all make nice Windsor heads - you just need to decide what your goals are in terms of power levels.

Check out my signature. Thats about what ported GT40 heads and a T-Moss Cobra lower intake will get for ya along with E-cam and full longtube exhaust and chip. Not too shabby in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread