I'm a little pissed at Ford right now...

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Well what an eventful afternoon I've had. Mind you this story happened while I was working and steppd out to go to the bank and noticed I needed gas.

The new gas capless ford system in my wifes "still under basic warranty" mustang jammed and I couldn't put gas in it. I drive to the nearest ford dealer 10 miles away, with the vehicle computer telling me I had 47 miles to go.
I get to the dealer and tell the service advosor I have a problem i need to show him. He looks at it and says yeah its jammed and then says they have no one that can touch it till Monday and they don't have any loaners and because I didn't buy it there they can't set me up with a rental,but I could try calling ford cust serv.....which I do...
I tell them what's going on and they tell me that if I had a ext warranty they could give me a rental. But, since I don't....I cut her off and say "its still under basic warranty it has 13k miles on it" she says well I know mr.wright but we only give rentals to customers that have ext warranty so I'm sorry...maybe you can try driving to another dealer that MAY have more loaners or MAY be able to fix it. I tell her the other dealers are about 35 miles away in either direction and I may not make it and anyway if they can't help me then what do it or what do I do if I run out of gas.
Well you could call roadside asistance....I remind her the problem is that gas can not be put into the vehicle....well they could give you a ride to the other dealer....and again ma'am if they can't fix it or have a loaner now I'm 40 miles from work and I'm really screwed then.
So then I get the....well I'm sorry mr.wright there's nothing else I can do but I do thank you for calling. I said well thank you too for nothing, I know its not your faul but be assured I will never call you again! And hung up on her....

Now oddly enough i was going to go to the ford dealer in the morning to have them look at two RUST spots I found this morning while washing the damn thing lol.

The one good thing about this story is that my wife was going to drive this to florida and I talked her into taking my jeep lol. I could only imagine having to deal with that debacle!

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Here's pics of the rust I have to have them look at...
rust2.gif

rust1.gif

rust3.gif

AAG

Established Member
I know they MAY be but still wanted them to look at it.

They are rock chips, and they won't cover it. Should've bought some touch up and applied the minute you saw it.

G/L with the gas issue, I would be furious if that was the kind of service I got from Ford.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Actually today was the first day I noticed them I got up early washed the car and was like, hey wtf!.....2 weeks ago when I washed it they weren't there

Sent with Tapatalk2 while watching chicks get naked.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Its a 2010gt with 13400 miles on it and i know rust just doesnt magically appear lol...but they werent there 2 weeks ago when i washed the car and since that panel isnt even body color i was going to give it a shot and see if they would cover it. Honestly if they didnt i wouldnt care because i have to have the front bumper repainted since some jackhole backed into it and their trailer hitch scratched the bumper real nice. Im more pissed about ford not offering to even try and help me out with the fuel problem.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
The big deal was i was working hen this happened...step out to got ot he bank ,for work, and couldnt put gas in it. So i went straight to the ford dealer and they suggested i drive 35-40 miles to the next dealer and if i run out of gas wait for roadside assistance...oh theres an hour at least and have them tow me to the other dealer and HOPE they have a loaner car. if not then i would be doubly screwed and have to wait on a ride to come pick me up....oh another 1-who knows how many hours lol

WOT 88

Established Member
Its a 2010gt with 13400 miles on it and i know rust just doesnt magically appear lol...but they werent there 2 weeks ago when i washed the car and since that panel isnt even body color i was going to give it a shot and see if they would cover it. Honestly if they didnt i wouldnt care because i have to have the front bumper repainted since some jackhole backed into it and their trailer hitch scratched the bumper real nice. Im more pissed about ford not offering to even try and help me out with the fuel problem.

I'm not calling you a liar and I'm not being smart, but there is no way in hell those chips oxidized that bad in only a few weeks. You had to have over looked that.

Last edited:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I'm not calling you a liar and I'm not being smart, but there is no way in hell those chips oxidized that bad in only a few weeks. You had to have over looked that.

well yeah that is normal logic but 3 weeks ago i had the car at the body shop a friend works at so he could look at the bumper. Him, his boss and two other workers looked over the car because they liked it and even looked over the glass roof...at all the panels because i told them theres a kit you can buy from CDC to install yourself. i send this friend the pics of the rust and he said WTF did you do..those werent there 3 weeks ago. So hes going to look at it and see if ti was rusting from underneath and it finally just chipped through or something. If thats the case then I will be going back to ford with it .

Jroc

Established Member
Metal that will rust tends to do it really fast when it's unprotected, and gets wet.

I recommend you chop, chop and get it fixed without dicking around with Ford about it.

I'm not a fan of the new gas cap shit Ford uses. I mean what's wrong with a good old fashion screw on cap?

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Yeah once i get it back either way its going to be fixed within a few weeks...the bumper can wait..its plastic!

But the gas cap thing...when i went to fill it up i was like..

open up the fuel lid...

dink....dink..... wait why wont the nozzle go in..

dink...dink!

old guy next to me looks at me like...damn kids cant even put gas in a damn car..

so i go back in ask for my money and she goes...umm did you change your mind.

i try explain why it doesnt have a gas cap...

so did you lose it?

no i....well just nevermind is broken! lol

Last edited:

turnpike_cruise

4.10's FTMFW
Established Member
Metal that will rust tends to do it really fast when it's unprotected, and gets wet.

I recommend you chop, chop and get it fixed without dicking around with Ford about it.

I'm not a fan of the new gas cap shit Ford uses. I mean what's wrong with a good old fashion screw on cap?

The twisting motion apparently. I too am not a fan.

Blackness03

Established Member
you could find a way to put gas in it IF you wanted to until you got it fixed.

as far as the paint goes. that's a rock chip. paint doesnt just rust or fall off like that. good luck getting that fixed under warrenty

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Oh sure I could have just broken the flap off and had it fall into the tank and maybe screw something else up then it wouldnt be covered and i would have to pay that out of pocket..

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Yeah that new gas cap bs is just fail. Ever since i got my car i was thinking to myself, when till this crap fails. Like jroc said they should have kept the tried and proven caps.

Sent with my Massive Johnson

Users who are viewing this thread