Illinois Lightning Gathering This Sunday April 23rd at Byron Dragway

Lightning Bob

Established Member
The ILLNESS Chapter of the National Lightning Owners Club (NLOC) will be having its first club race of the 2006 season on Sunday April 23rd weather permitting.
If you've not been to one of these events, we typically get anywhere from 15 to 30 plus Lightnings to attend. All with nice friendly people too.
The attendees trucks will be both Gen 1 and Gen 2 styles in all configurations from stock to heavily modified.
We run a bracket style competition which allows the slower vehicles to compete with the faster ones, with the winner and runnerup both going home with a nice trophy.
Come on out and spend a day checking out other local area trucks, enjoying some racing, and meeting new friends.
First time racers, experienced racers and spectators are welcome.
All years of Ford Lightnings and Ford-Harley Davidson trucks can compete in the event.
Helmets are required if running faster than 14.00 seconds in the quarter mile. Byron has some for rent for $5 per day if you don't own one and need one to race. Cost to race your truck is $25, while spectators are charged $10 or $12 (I can't remember exactly)
The track opens at 9:00 AM with test and tune starting at 10:00. Our bracket competition will start between 11:30 and noon. For a schedule of other upcoming race events see: ILLNESS RACES For directions to, or more information on the most racer friendly drag strip in the Chicagoland area, see:Byron Dragway
Unlike another well known Chicago area track, these guys want and truely appreciate your business.
If you have any questions, e-mail me at Bobs Email or PM me on the NLOC board.
Looking forward to meeting some new faces Sunday. Hope to see you all there.

Lightning Bob

Users who are viewing this thread