Illegal u turn ticket

stllightning04

Established Member
I got pulled over cause there was a long line of cars at a traffic light on a 4 lane non divided road. So i see my brother drive past going the opposite way so i make a u-turn there was apparenttly a cop 3 cars behind me. He flips around and rights me a ticket for Reckless driving Froms start to stop. This dosn't sound like what i did wrong wat do u guys all think.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
It doesn't matter if he was gassing it or not ... I have driven that part of the country bunches .. there are no legal U-Turns on a four lane highway that I have ever seen. The cop probably looked at the amount of traffic, the fact that it was an Illegal U-Turn in heavy traffic and deemed it reckless.

From the description given I would say the cop was spot on.

stllightning04

Established Member
Ya i realize its illegal but it says on the ticket Reckless driving Froms start to stop point exacly like that dosn't say anything what i did technically couldn't this be i didn't use my blinker or something really stupid it dosn't say one word about a uturn

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Well to paraphrase what some of the LEOs in here have said .. it really doesn't matter what it says .. if the cop thought you were reckless then he will explain himself in court just like you would. reckless is somewhat subjective, that is why they have judges to sort it out.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
RDJ said:
Well to paraphrase what some of the LEOs in here have said .. it really doesn't matter what it says .. if the cop thought you were reckless then he will explain himself in court just like you would. reckless is somewhat subjective, that is why they have judges to sort it out.

Although the officer will have plenty of articulable facts, that about sums it up.

Users who are viewing this thread