i'll take what i can get

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
working late on saturday i decided to run out and grab something to eat. almost as soon as i hit the main 4 lane road i notice a rather stock-ish looking black 3rd gen Integra weaving through the light traffic. for what ever reason when he gets beside me he guns it a bit and pulls ahead. i catch a glimpse of his awesome angled exhaust pipe.

we catch a red light together and i wait to see what he's going to do...

light turns green and he eases off so i go into "normal" drive mode. while doing this i guess my exhaust must have offended him, just as i start to pull past him he nails it again and gets just ahead of me. a little more of the same shit for about two miles until we hit another light together. i'm over it... take you're shit car and pound sand.

left foot on the brake, i bring the RPM's up a bit. this clearly alerted my friend that it was "go time". light turns and i give him the hit, he jumps out about a half car... that's all he would get. i stay in it until i've put a bus on him then let out.

dude didn't seem to want another run after that. i guess being rolled by a 7,000lb truck was too much :shrug:

4A0D0DE6-890C-4A21-930B-15873B9D54F0_zpsutcfdzwr.jpg

Last edited:

Dadarkside

Quicksilver
Established Member
working late on saturday i decided to run out and grab something to eat. almost as soon as i hit the main 4 lane road i notice a rather stock-ish looking black 3rd gen Integra weaving through the light traffic. for what ever reason when he gets beside me he guns it a bit and pulls ahead. i catch a glimpse of his awesome angled exhaust pipe.

light turns green and he eases off so i go into "normal" drive mode. while doing this i guess my exhaust must have offended him, just as i start to pull past him he nails it again and gets just ahead of me. a little more of the same shit for about two miles until we hit another light together. i'm over it... take you're shit car and pound sand.

left foot on the brake, i bring the RPM's up a bit. this clearly alerted my friend that it was "go time". light turns and i give him the hit, he jumps out about a half car... that's all he would get. i stay in it until i've put a bus on him then let out.

dude didn't seem to want another run after that. i guess being rolled by a 7,000lb truck was too much :shrug:

Hey a kill is a kill

quik cobra

Established Member
I purposely didn't look at the pic until I was done reading the story, almost got me to spit my soda out with the ending. Good job.

Willens

Never finishes anythi
Established Member

I hope you blew coal in his face. Sounds like NoVa, I lived there for 3-4 years back in the early 2000's. "Take your shit car and pound sand" hahaha

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
I hope you blew coal in his face. Sounds like NoVa, I lived there for 3-4 years back in the early 2000's. "Take your shit car and pound sand" hahaha

i'm in Harrisonburg.... NOVA is dead to me.

Woody6799

Established Member
I got beat by a diesel dually once in my old GT... I tucked my tail between my legs and bought my car a set of eyelashes and daisy rims lol

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Nice kill! Good story. I too didn't look at the pic till the end. Mods on truck? Nice cobra too :beer:

thanks!

'07 6.7, full MBRP exhaust (DPF deleted), CAI and tune.

while i'm out at Easter Jeep the shop is going to delete the EGR and associated trash, install a better CAI (working on a true Ram Air project), dial in a new "more better" tune and perform a little transmission work!

i have no intention of turning it into a "street truck" but i do think it needs a bit more power along with better fuel economy.

Last edited:

Sirhc7897

Established Member
I got smoked by an older dodge cummins many years ago in my Lightning (which was a low 12 sec. truck at the time)....He pulled up by me on the interstate running 70ish and goosed it some. i bit thinking I was going to put the hurt on him (like I did all the other modded diesels I had come across)....And I was wrong.....

He immediately pulled on me (not flying away but there was no doubt he was steadily walking off)....I stayed in it thinking at some point my top end was going to have to be better than his and he just kept pulling.....I finally let out north of 140 and he was many, many bus lengths ahead of me and still pulling.....

Humbling experience to be sure...

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
I got smoked by an older dodge cummins many years ago in my Lightning (which was a low 12 sec. truck at the time)....He pulled up by me on the interstate running 70ish and goosed it some. i bit thinking I was going to put the hurt on him (like I did all the other modded diesels I had come across)....And I was wrong.....

He immediately pulled on me (not flying away but there was no doubt he was steadily walking off)....I stayed in it thinking at some point my top end was going to have to be better than his and he just kept pulling.....I finally let out north of 140 and he was many, many bus lengths ahead of me and still pulling.....

Humbling experience to be sure...

out for a drive in the Cobra one evening this kid in a Duramax kept trying to get me to run. we were solidly in the wrong part of the city to have a go so i let it slide... i'm thinking he didn't have a clue about what he was trying to get into.

i guess with how easy it is to make power in the modern diesel trucks, it's sorta changed the streets. strange to think that a 7,000lb+ truck with light mods can run down the average "tuner" car and most stock-ish pony cars.

i still think i need to get a Lightning one of these days....

BlueSnake01

Established Member
This had a better twist ending than most M. Night Shyamalan movies! Didn't see that coming.

Good kill OP

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
thanks!

'07 6.7, full MBRP exhaust (DPF deleted), CAI and tune.

while i'm out at Easter Jeep the shop is going to delete the EGR and associated trash, install a better CAI (working on a true Ram Air project), dial in a new "more better" tune and perform a little transmission work!

i have no intention of turning it into a "street truck" but i do think it needs a bit more power along with better fuel economy.

What kind of power is it making right now? What's the egr delete and new rai going to add power wise? And one last question, what kind of mileage do you get?

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
What kind of power is it making right now? What's the egr delete and new rai going to add power wise? And one last question, what kind of mileage do you get?

i'm not really sure what it's putting down at the moment. the 07.5 6.7 is factory rated at 350hp and 650lbft.

with the new tune and slight mod changes i'm looking at something like 300hp and 700lbft to the ground. ricer math and the internet tell me that's where it'll shake out... i'll know more after it's finished.

currently 15mpg... 13 if i let it idle a good bit to warm up. my tuner says the goal is for 20+... i'm not holding my breath.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
i'm not really sure what it's putting down at the moment. the 07.5 6.7 is factory rated at 350hp and 650lbft.

with the new tune and slight mod changes i'm looking at something like 300hp and 700lbft to the ground. ricer math and the internet tell me that's where it'll shake out... i'll know more after it's finished.

currently 15mpg... 13 if i let it idle a good bit to warm up. my tuner says the goal is for 20+... i'm not holding my breath.

I believe the 20+ statement. You mileage is what my old 01' 7.3 is getting right now. I know a couple guys with cummins getting 20's for mpg.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
I believe the 20+ statement. You mileage is what my old 01' 7.3 is getting right now. I know a couple guys with cummins getting 20's for mpg.

the current tune is "suspect" at best... new shop is my solution.

Users who are viewing this thread