Ignition?

Bruno

Established Member
for a while my idle has become increasingly more rough. At first I dismissed it, then when it became more noticeable i took it in. Naturally the mech didn't find anythign and thinks i'm crazy, and an auto-hypocondriac. (sp?) Anyhow if anyone can help or has some ideas it would be greatly appreciated, here is what she does.

rough idle, seems to smooth out when accelerating. Sometimes engine light comes on when accelerating then goes away after a second or two. When idleing it spratically "chokes" (like it's running out of gas). And recently after driving it on the freeway the idle runs high for an abnormaly extended period of time when in park. (got off the freeway, made my way home and waited in driveway for idle to come down.. and waited and waited..)

any thoughts?:-?

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Well the first thing I'd do is do a basic tuneup like plugs and wires, check the timing etc. Check the air filter. If this doesn't work then I'd change the fuel filter. If it still runs rough after this and your SES light comes on I'd get it in right away so they can hook it up to a computer and diagnose the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread