ignition problem? starter stuck on

iwrecksrt10s666

Established Member
Been having problems, trying to fix the ghetto wiring on my notch. I hooked up the new solenoid because i'd start it and the starter would keep spinning and i'd have to hit the solenoid to get it to stop. I hooked it up and it worked perfect 3 or 4 times. next day went to show a friend the car and started it up and it did the starter wouldn't shut off again. I've the replaced the starter brand new, brand new motorcraft solenoid, brand new battery and starter cables. the only thing left is the ignition switch i noticed the front screw is missing on the ignition could this be the problem or something else? Also im considering replacing the whole wiring harness the wiring is so bad. has anyone done this? how time consuming?

mustangjunkie

Mach 1 *****
Established Member
I had the same issue. My starter kept sticking so I changed the solenoid and starter cables. That didnt work so I finally changed the starter AND the cables that ran from the battery to the solenoid, and the ground to the solenoid. Not sure which one fixed it, but never had an issue after that.

Hope it helps a bit.

iwrecksrt10s666

Established Member
Has anyone swapped a dash harness on here or know how hard it is too? I some how accquired a decent dash harness but how bad is it really to install? Does anyone have a labeled dash harness not a diagram

Users who are viewing this thread