Ignition coil ohm specs

04cobra3

Established Member
I just had a coil issue with the car, i ohms tested them not sure what the specs are but they were all consistent so im assuming if their all the same their all in spec unless each one was out of spec the exact same amount.. Unlikely, anyways i ended up changing out for brand new coils and my wot missfire is gone, so if your having issues the only way to properly test a coil in my books is a load test at a shop if possible, other than that if you ask me an ohms test is useless.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Look it up, it has been questioned a bunch. A pretty expensive machine is needed to properly test coils. The problem is, you can't test them under load which is where most people have issues or believe they have issues. A mulitmeter will only be able to tell you if you have a total bad coil which you can easily find out by swapping.

Bigggy

Established Member
Look it up, it has been questioned a bunch. A pretty expensive machine is needed to properly test coils. The problem is, you can't test them under load which is where most people have issues or believe they have issues. A mulitmeter will only be able to tell you if you have a total bad coil which you can easily find out by swapping.

X2, I've had problem on other car (misfires 98% of the times on one cylinder) and the coil read correctly with a very good Fluke multimeter. Couple mounth after that, on the same car, I was having issue under load a lower RPM, and same thing, good impedance on the coil but it was the the culprit...so it could give you a clue, maybe maybe not.

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
I have a complete OEM 45k mile set if anyone is looking for a good known working set. I'll let them go CHEAP.

... Sorry for the hi-jack, just seemed a good thread to offer these.

Users who are viewing this thread