If you've wondered about an 03 with 00R parts...

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
thats beautiful man... my new b/g :)! i dont like wings in general but its functional and at least its paint matched so it doesnt clash... never thought id say that about a wing but it looks nice! :) some guy over here has a ~99 v6 with the unpainted wing on it and euro tails and its horrible... but as you proved, when done with taste, things can look awesome! WTG

SVT 03 Cobra

looks good.... hows the fitment on the hood/bumper cover? also how far in from the back did you set the wing?

Jayson

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
on the first shot the paint is so flawless the hood looks Computer generated! man.. what do you use for wax?

03'Darin

Established Member
DAMN.......that looks GREAT!!

I have always loved the 00' "R" cars and those parts look sweet on your 03'.

Darin

Last edited:

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Just when I thought I couldn't like redfire more, you post that... Excellent work!

How about taking that cap off the dash and take a 1600 X 1200 res. photo for my desktop? :thumbsup:

Juiced-03

Established Member
I had the cobra r bumper on my 2001 cobra and I grew distasteful of it real quick. Is there a way you can put the 03 cobra foglights back in?

Killer Cobra

Established Member
looks tough! I wonder how this setup would look on a vert. Anyone got pics or if it's ok with you can someone chop the top? thanks!

NCStanger

Established Member
Not bad, but now no longer looks like an 03 cobra. Haven't seen anyone else post anything like this that they have done to theirs though, so it's definitely unique.

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys. I would like to have kept the '03 fascia too, but I wanted the splitter more. When a suitable splitter comes out for '03 fascia, I will go back to it.

It fits really well. There is a little gap between the top of the grille "posts" and the hood that I am going to address with some slight custom work. It is not too bad, but enough to aggrevate me.

I think it prolly fits better than it would on an 00R. Those guys said that from the factory, the fascia moved around alot just by hand. This seems pretty tight, but I am going to reinforce it anyway. The fascia, splitter, and wing are all FRPP, so things lined up well.

My major concern is that the opening for the intercooler isn't as big as the '03, so I am going to route some ducting from the holes to the inside of the foglights for more air.

IMO the wing looks awful without the splitter. The combo makes a world of difference.

One benefit is that most people will think the car is either a 99 or 01 snake with a kit on it. That may lead to some surprises if they think they are picking on a "Slobra".

To answer some more questions:

The wing is mounted at the original 00R factory spec location (about 4 inches forward of the edge of the trunk). The mounting hardware kind of dictates that unless you get creative.

The '03 foglights will not work easily. The holes in the fascia are WAY too small.

The car isn't even waxed right now. Redfire just doesn't show dirt too badly.

I'll take a higher res pic without the Jagermeister hat too.

BCPD199

Established Member
I've got to be honest. I like the '99-'01 front bumber cover better. Just think it looks smoother than the '03 cover. I heard that the earlier cover wouldn't fit. You proved them wrong! Your car looks great!

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
I think the older fascia looks more aggressive, even without the splitter, but I would still prefer being more identifyable as an '03.

Last edited:

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Looks GREAT...I'm jealous. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread