If Your In California And Want A.........

mcflysvt04

Established Member
Yeah that an idea but you get hassled if you always drive with out of state plates. Plus good old smokey bear will see you evwery time

1000HP+

Established Member
NyteByte said:
What retards in Cali make up all these stupid laws anyway?

What about this:
Say you live in Texas and buy a brand new Cobra there. A year down the road, you get a job transfer to California and have to move. Your Cobra only has 3000 miles on it.

Are you saying that California will force you to sell your car just because it's under a certain mileage? That's just total nonsense.

I'm glad I don't live in California.

You can registar your out of state car in California as long as it was previously registered in the state you moved from, regardless of milage.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
ALRIGHT GUYS!
I started this mess and I'm gonna end it!

Heres the FINAL VERDICT!

Under the hood of any Cobra there should be a decal that reads:

"VEHICLE EMISSION CONTROL INFORMATION"
this was my saviour, :bowdown: for it states the following:

"THIS VEHICLE CONFORMS TO U.S.EPA regulations applicable to 2004 model year new IT2bin 8 passenger cars. This vehicle conforms to federal regulations and is certified for sale in CALIFORNIA. ULEV qualified in CALIFORNIA" :banana:

So long as the Cobra your purchasing has that Decal intact, upon the DMV checking it out, the Cobra is California "Friendly" and can be registered no matter what the mileage. :rockon:

I and the seller of the car had to do extensive research and ask many SVT dealers in both CA. and his state plus the DMV. Sorry for the misinformation, for I too, was mislead not only by my bank, but by DMV also :bash:

Happy trails fellow members!

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
1SLYSNAKE said:
ALRIGHT GUYS!
I started this mess and I'm gonna end it!

Heres the FINAL VERDICT!

Under the hood of any Cobra there should be a decal that reads:

"VEHICLE EMISSION CONTROL INFORMATION"
this was my saviour, :bowdown: for it states the following:

"THIS VEHICLE CONFORMS TO U.S.EPA regulations applicable to 2004 model year new IT2bin 8 passenger cars. This vehicle conforms to federal regulations and is certified for sale in CALIFORNIA. ULEV qualified in CALIFORNIA" :banana:

So long as the Cobra your purchasing has that Decal intact, upon the DMV checking it out, the Cobra is California "Friendly" and can be registered no matter what the mileage. :rockon:

I and the seller of the car had to do extensive research and ask many SVT dealers in both CA. and his state plus the DMV. Sorry for the misinformation, for I too, was mislead not only by my bank, but by DMV also :bash:

Happy trails fellow members!

ALL 04 cobras are 50 state legal. I don't know about 03s. I know Lightnings aren't and would be much more of a challenge to bring in.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
mcflysvt04 said:
Im not 100% sure on the NEVER but thats what I was told by a dealer in Illinois. Its just not worth the risk IMO. Best way to be safe is just buy a car with the package so you dont have to worry about it. I just dont understand why they just dont put it on all the cars then nobody has to worry. Its a no cost option

There is no PACKAGE. All the cars are the same. the only difference is a CA cert. on the paperwork.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
65mph_Roll said:
That sucks. Just five months ago the Ventura County SVT dealers were discounting the "left over" 04 Cobras by $6,000 ($3,000 discount & $3,000 rebate) because they weren’t selling due to the new body style, and now you can’t get one? Most of the ones on e-bay are low miles.

What’s the down side of “new”, does CA kill you on taxes?

where are you in ventura county?

Tom

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Forgot to fill ya' guys in with the "GOOD STUFF" and I did indeed end up getting the car, so to all who have helped me in my quest for a Terminator
this :beer: Buds for you!

Looking forward to gettin' to know all of you, and I'll make sure to keep all of you on your toes since I'll be needing lotsa' info and opinions in the next couple of months! Let the Modfest begin..... :burnout:

-MGW Shifter
-Magnaflow
-Sequential Tailights
-Cobra grill emblem
-Shorty antenna

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread