If you worked commission is the current economy and you had a customer call would you take a lunch?

coposrv

Established Member
my business operates where we take lunches in shifts.. it's been that way for 10 years plus my dad having a business that operated in the same fashion for 20+ years.. around here, insurance agents shut down for lunch and nobody is there to answer the phone from 12-1.. i don't get it..

That’s retarded. When am I most likely making my phone calls to my agent? LUNCH TIME.

I had this issue with my old agent. I call at least weekly to request certificates. It was such a problem getting them to do anything I dropped them and the owner of the new agency I requested his cell. He can’t hide.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
sounds like you need to search for a boat at another dealer

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I always treated every prospect as a buyer, I dont remember how many times they said, I really didnt intend to buy today. And you never know when the next one will come along so you have to maximize every opportunity if you are going to be successful in good times and bad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I usually don't take lunch, and if I do, I eat at my desk.

But with that said, I have had customers who will call 2 or 3 times in an hour demanding something while I'm in a meeting or at lunch. I generally try to accommodate them but if it ends up being something reoccurring, my willingness to work with them begins to wane.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Part of my pay is commission based, so having that background it's crazy to me that someone who makes a LOT more of their earnings on commission wouldn't jump on the opportunity...especially in the current climate.

Rct851

Established Member
Ive been a commission salesman for years. It took about 6 years to learn how valuable it is for my overall performance to take time for myself. Whether that means a lunch in the middle of the day or just after hours in general. Answering every call 24/7 will drive you into the ground.

This idea of dropping everything all the time for a phone call or the “what’s lunch” response is really a joke to me. That’s not how I’m going to live my life. If whatever I’m doing isn’t profitable enough for me to take time for lunch then it’s time to find a new gig.

FJohnny

Established Member
Great looking boat. They were lucky to get you as a customer.

Their sales effort would have disappointed me.

Never screw over a good established customer for a prospective new one.
Never screw over a prospective customer in favor of yourself.

I expect good service and really appreciate great service. Like most, I will go out of my way to refer others towards the great experience and try to reward their efforts with added easy sales. Nothing worse than walking away feeling like you just enriched someone for treating you badly and doing their job poorly.

M91196

Established Member
Awesome boat.....

I am paid salary to grow our business, support customers and receive an additional targeted 30K in variable compensation (commission)

I respond to emails and take calls all the time at all hours.

I wouldn’t want anyone to ever “hear” that I’m at lunch can I call you back....

So many other options.

Tight lines!

Users who are viewing this thread