If you run torco please step inside...

Burninout101

Established Member
So I was at a subway enjoying one of Jared's unhealthy sandwiches and a yellow 04 comes and parks next to me...I finish about the time his order is up and we both headed out the door at the same time. I asked him if he enjoined his car, ect. ect. I asked who tuned the car and he said HPP here in Dallas which is who tuned my car. He mentioned that on his Torco tune he of course made more power but also got better MPG. He said he has ran two tanks of Torco and 91/93 and he is getting the best mpg he has ever gotten. He states 17 in town and 28 highway with a 23.5 mixed town and highway. He said he does get in to slight boost but nothing extreme. I said must be a singled out case and he said no he has heard/seen several cobras do this...Explain to me why the higher octane can achieve this. What is everyone else getting on a Torco tune for MPG...

Sorry for the long story to get a point....:shrug:

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Probably since its a higher octane it burns slower? :shrug: Thats my guess. I mean not unless someone has read about the actual reason or talked to someone who specializes in gas thats all I got for you.

You do you know that just because he owns a Cobra and has the same tuner, doesn't mean he's telling you the truth. So many people embellish things these days that he may just be trying to make you envious of his tune. I bet he's full of BS.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Have you considered that he might just drive it like a grandma? :poke:

I'm betting that it's probably a combination of a good tune and driving like an old lady. :lol1:

djtyau

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
Have you considered that he might just drive it like a grandma? :poke:

I'm betting that it's probably a combination of a good tune and driving like an old lady. :lol1:

I was just about to reply with the same thing. I don't know how anybody can drive slow in these cars. When I get in my car all hell breaks loose. I can't help it, but I like to stomp the gas pedal.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
djtyau said:
I was just about to reply with the same thing. I don't know how anybody can drive slow in these cars. When I get in my car all hell breaks loose. I can't help it, but I like to stomp the gas pedal.

I'm the same way! I'll cruise at 50 MPH in 4th gear and give it a seconds worth of full throttle just to hear the blower whine! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! VVVVVVVVvvvvvvvVVVVVvvvvvvvvvVVVVVVVvvvvvvvvvvVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV!!!

Users who are viewing this thread