If you own or have owned a Pitbull..

CobraKalas

Established Member
good video its rediculous what some people do to their dogs, the way they treat them and fight them. i especially liked this part...

pitbullgk3.jpg

Kimcobra

Established Member
Have two of them and they are the best dogs I have ever had!!My male is 6 years old and was rasied with my 3 kids 11,14,17 so yes they were small when I first got my pit..But they could ride on him and pull his ears and tail and he never thought about biting them..Now if you were to come in the yard and grab one of the kids..That would be on you...

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Sa-When said:
Have two of them and they are the best dogs I have ever had!!My male is 6 years old and was rasied with my 3 kids 11,14,17 so yes they were small when I first got my pit..But they could ride on him and pull his ears and tail and he never thought about biting them..Now if you were to come in the yard and grab one of the kids..That would be on you...
I have 2 pits too and they're very sweet dogs.

LeathalSVT

Sinister
Established Member
I have a Pitbull, Rottie, and Dalmation and honestly they are all great dogs but if it were to come down to who I'd worry more about it would be my Dalmation. My Pitbull is smart, loyal, and loving and loves kid's and you'd have to pry her from my dead cold hands before I'd let you take her, but that could be said about the other 2 also.

I have friends that have small kids and Pitbulls and thier dogs would rip your arm off if they thought those kids were in danger and that would be the only time you would see them be aggressive.

IMHO they are one of the best family dogs you could get!

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
It all depends on the owner... I hate it when you hear about dogs attacking someone and the dog has to be put down. Its not the dogs goddamn fault its the owner for being either very careless or just not training his dog properly. Its sad they can be great dogs just have a bad reputation. I have always owned a Chocolate Lab but I love all dogs.

mustangglx

Established Member
I have a 2 year old female pitbull, and I dont understand how anyone could train these dogs to be evil, shes every bit as good of a family dog as my golden retriever(10years old) they get along great, and if anyone came and tried to take her away because shes a "viscious bread" they would have to physically take her from me, and i wouldnt let her go without a fight..

68267820lny0.jpg

does that look like a viscious dog to you?

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
PhLoBuS said:
It all depends on the owner... I hate it when you hear about dogs attacking someone and the dog has to be put down. Its not the dogs goddamn fault its the owner for being either very careless or just not training his dog properly. Its sad they can be great dogs just have a bad reputation. I have always owned a Chocolate Lab but I love all dogs.

Not all true. My Akita/Pit is a very loveing family pet. Do I trust him alone around my daughter? NO>>>>>> Never mistreated but they do have it in them to snap. My Chihuahua was raised from a pup with nothing but love. He was socialized as a pup to others but still wants to atack everyone. Its in their breed and Nature. I now of three people who raised pits as family pets and all three turned on the family. You need a very reputible breeder to get the right pit. I would never bet my family on it.

blowngt

Established Member
I think that every dog has a certain tendency for agression. It's a natural instinct. Unfortunately, we have associated the pit bull as a dog with a natural disposition towards aggression.

While we are quick to dismiss the lives of these poor dogs (regardless of breed), the penalties aren't sever enough for the owners. The trouble is how to distinguish a true accidental biting and one from a dog that has been bred to fight.

Regardless, the people that used those dogs as "bait" and mistreated them should be dealt with severly. The punishment should fit the crime, animal or not.

Rant off.........

jcobra

Established Member
type911 said:
Not all true. My Akita/Pit is a very loveing family pet. Do I trust him alone around my daughter? NO>>>>>> Never mistreated but they do have it in them to snap. My Chihuahua was raised from a pup with nothing but love. He was socialized as a pup to others but still wants to atack everyone. Its in their breed and Nature. I now of three people who raised pits as family pets and all three turned on the family. You need a very reputible breeder to get the right pit. I would never bet my family on it.

Yep, unfortunately its in their blood.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
mustangglx said:
I have a 2 year old female pitbull, and I dont understand how anyone could train these dogs to be evil, shes every bit as good of a family dog as my golden retriever(10years old) they get along great, and if anyone came and tried to take her away because shes a "viscious bread" they would have to physically take her from me, and i wouldnt let her go without a fight..

68267820lny0.jpg

does that look like a viscious dog to you?

No, but she does looks pretty upset because she has what looks like a urinal strapped around her neck.;-)

mustangglx

Established Member
WireEater said:
No, but she does looks pretty upset because she has what looks like a urinal strapped around her neck.;-)

haha, it does appear that way doesnt it, she was snooping around in the garbage and got the lid stuck on her head, then she came walking into my room looking guilty so i had to snap a shot haha i dont know hoe she got her head in there it was tough gettin it out

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
That was a good video,I was hesitant to watch it at first,afraid of the fighting stuff.I was on a task force on animal fighting and it is a huge business in the PUNK ASS BITCH clubs/groups.If people have the soul to do what the dogs in the vid[that were injured] or any other animal they dont deserve to breath.I would gladly stomp the tar crap out of anyone I found doing that,in uniform or not.Love your animals people,thats all they ask for in return.As for owning pits,my youngest female is probably 80% pit but 100% baby.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
I agree that its about how you raise the dog. pit bulls are awesome dogs! Ive personally never owned one, ive always had a bulldog, but some of my friends rave about their pitbulls. cool dogs

Users who are viewing this thread