If you have forgestar f14's or about to, do NOT buy ..

FVEOH69

Established Member
I finally got my f14's installed on my mustang today. I can not believe how long it took but thats a different story. But after literally 7 hours to mount and balance tires it looks great! SO if you are buying forgestar f14's like I did, you need the tpms for each wheel. In another thread there was discussion about buying the $50 or so sensors off ebay. They are apparently brand new OEM and work without programming. So I decided to buy them since a couple of members here bought them and have no issues. $50 vs $200 is a big difference for sensors. So Im at the shop and the guy pulls me aside and tells me the tpms does not fit through the hole correctly of the wheels. He showed me and it barely did not fit. He could of drilled the hole slightly bigger but I said no. Luckily for me I live in PA and about 20 mins from american muscle. I left the shop and quickly bought the $200 set at AM. they fit and look great and I did not even have a chance to program them yet but, no light came on which is strange? So now I'm hoping I can return my ebay sensors and hopefully save somebody the mistake I made. Stay away for the OEM sensors on forgestar f14's! :bored:

Jabooh1

Established Member
Interesting. I did the $50 ebay set for my Forgestar CF5V's and had no issues. I wonder what is unique about the f14's.

FVEOH69

Established Member
Interesting. I did the $50 ebay set for my Forgestar CF5V's and had no issues. I wonder what is unique about the f14's.

Well apparently the hole wasn't big enough haha. Now the installers were extremely careful and did not force anything. Everything was done by hand and they used a touch less tire install machine. They never used air tools everything was done by torque wrenches and even sockets with protective sleeve covers so they don't scratch the lug nuts. I may say they were beyond careful in which I was extremely surprised and grateful for. So MAYBE if they used more force they would of fit but they didn't and he showed me. So who knows. Im just surprised with 175 people that viewed this no one else had this issue?

Thalilbear02

Established Member
I think he means the "OEM" eBay sensors.

Ohhhh, gotcha. I've had experience with aftermarket sensors on other cars before, they never work properly. Someone really needs to figure out how to code the TPMS out of the car so you don't get a flat tire warning while not using TPMS sensors at all.

Users who are viewing this thread