if you could change....

MNCobra

Established Member
here is a question for you guys...I know 90-95% of you guys ordered your cars so you got exactly what you wanted but the rest, like myself bought it as the dealer ordered it...my question is if you could change one thing about your rides, or wished you ordered it different what would you change?

for me I wish I had bought the Ruby Red or DIB stripe delete with a glass roof...those car just look awesome to me...

Husky44

Established Member
I bought mine off the showroom floor...

But it is set up EXACTLY the way I would have ordered it. I took that as a sign from heaven. :D

hkynd19

Established Member
Well it seems like every time I see another color combo I second guess my decision for a minute... overall, I am happy with my decision. I bought mine off the showroom floor and sometimes wish I would have found a glass roof.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Wish I had glass roof and DSM for a color.
I didn't order mine, someone else did. When they couldn't follow through my dealer called me and the rest was history.

5.8 Venom

Established Member
I liked several color/stripe combos. I found the black with red very sharp. my 05 GT was black, so I really did not want another black, but if I got one I wanted it with red stripes.

I love the way the Race Red and Grabber Blues look with white stripes, but I was concerned about how the stripes & seats would look over time, as I drive it daily.

At first I was not too excited about RR, but then when I saw some other guys on here pics, it changed my mind. Plus my car fit it in my budget, and like someone on here said, all that really matters is that monster under the hood and thats the truth, the rest is just my OCD flaring up.

Husky44

Established Member
I guess if I could change ONE thing, it would be to something that wasn't available... I would like to have GB stripes on my seats (Car is GB with black stripes, so seat stripes are black).

Ky GT500

Established Member
Maybe would have ordered Nav. I ordered mine without, had a '08 GT and have a '11 F350 with Nav, hate the permanent fingerprints on them, makes it look tacky and old, tried cleaning, but still there. Didn't want that in the Shelby. If I travel and need GPS, I stick a Garmin on the windshield and travel on.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Actually the only thing I would regret is not getting one. Regardless of options, color.....etc. I had given up on one until a month ago when my dealer told me he found one for me since he knows I love cars and did want one when they first came out, but my dealer did not sign up to sell them.

That you can go to the Ford dealer and buy a 200+ MPH 662HP car for 55-65K depending on options is just crazy and maybe just a once in a lifetime opportunity..........Steve

rdrkt

Established Member
I wish it had a telescoping steering wheel. Seems inexcusable for a car not to have one nowadays. I go back and forth on the track pack. Not needed on a street car and it doesnt get THAT hot in PA. But I still kinda wish I had gotten it. I think if Ford had offered a larger radiator or intercooler they would have had a much better buy rate.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When I had my white/red 2013, I wished I had ordered a glass roof and a darker color. So my 2014 is sterling gray/black and has a glass roof! :beer:

You couldn't order any combination and it look bad though.

Vegasgold

Established Member
Actually the only thing I would regret is not getting one. Regardless of options, color.....etc. I had given up on one until a month ago when my dealer told me he found one for me since he knows I love cars and did want one when they first came out, but my dealer did not sign up to sell them.

That you can go to the Ford dealer and buy a 200+ MPH 662HP car for 55-65K depending on options is just crazy and maybe just a once in a lifetime opportunity..........Steve

That is the best answer so far...I wish it was Spring so I can drive my Shelby...Any color any options. I just want to drive....Lol...

MNCobra

Established Member
thanks for all the responses guys...I am truly happy with my car but there are just times when you get the "I wish I had...." feeling....pretty sure once spring has sprung all that will go out the window...as does everything when you your driving these cars....enjoy...cheers

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
thanks for all the responses guys...I am truly happy with my car but there are just times when you get the "I wish I had...." feeling....pretty sure once spring has sprung all that will go out the window...as does everything when you your driving these cars....enjoy...cheers

I see you are in Minnesota and I am in Iowa so really in the end all we should be wishing for is SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Montana

Ford and Mopar Guy
Established Member
Mine was exactly the way I wanted it minus the Recaros, but I found it on a dealer lot. But having now sat in a recaro car, I am glad it has the base seats so it all worked out well. It has PP, TP, NAV and that's all. Perfect for me. My one bugaboo about the car is that the dealer had it sitting in their show room and drilled the front for a license plate.

MNCobra

Established Member
^ bummer...needspeed yes MN born and raised here...and I agree spring needs to kick old man winters a$$ and get him to move over...

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Glass Roof!! My car is white/red stripe. I didn't think a glass top would match well. Then, I saw a pic of the exact car with the glass top. Looks great! So I'll always be kickin myself in the butt for not getting it!

Users who are viewing this thread