If not using drag radials on the street (lack of availability) what would be next on your list?

Fang

Established Member
Cannot find any drag radials right now and need some tires. What would you all use that has the best amount of traction?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The R888Rs are solid. Kinda loud, but they have good grip.

Maybe NT05Rs though, if you're looking for DR replacement.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
philstireservice.com has 315/30-20 ready to roll. I don't think they make a 315/35.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I was thinking of proxes myself. How close are these to DRs? I have one set of wheels with conti extreme contacts and another with Michelin pilot SSs.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was thinking of proxes myself. How close are these to DRs? I have one set of wheels with conti extreme contacts and another with Michelin pilot SSs.
Not sure if it helps, but I recently went from 555R's to R888R's. The handling is noticeably better which is what I wanted. The car feels more planted all around. I haven't had much issue with hooking up, but then it's been in the low 80's to mid 90's. The one time it got sideways on me recently was on a morning going to work before the sun came up and things weren't warmed up. Overall I'm happy with the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread