if money wasnt a issue????

mchild1983

im wanting to build my 99csvt to be the fastest and most reliable among these cars...im wanting everybody's opinion on what i should do to make this car the best it can be.. also should i build my own 3.0? or buy one from duratec or np? if i can achieve the same buy building my own 3.0 ideas on the best year make in model i should pull the motor from?

bhiggs89

Established Member
The 3L's from duratec are not "built", they are just the stock motors with everything switched over ready to swap in.

IF money wasn't an issue I would do a RWD swap.

There is a guy right now trying for 500+whp, but he has spent a crazy amount of money and time (2+ years and counting).

You can buy pre built turbo 3L's under 10K, and that is your best option.

Stevarino8

Established Member
I wonder how an old SHO engine (3.4L I believe) would do in that light chassis? Costly, I'm sure, to make it work as if stock!

LightningLou

Established Member
If money wasn't an issue man you could do a Nautilus 3.7l big-bore, stroker motor and their stage 3 turbo kit with an even larger GT28RS or GT30R turbo setup...That is my dream setup for my CSVT although I will probably never do that. Maybe a 3l down the road though when the 2.5 kicks the can.

jonyrocks

Established Member
The 3L's from duratec are not "built", they are just the stock motors with everything switched over ready to swap in.

IF money wasn't an issue I would do a RWD swap.

There is a guy right now trying for 500+whp, but he has spent a crazy amount of money and time (2+ years and counting).

You can buy pre built turbo 3L's under 10K, and that is your best option.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

that's the guy with the build still going, i check it out once every two weeks to see what's up, really wanna see it run

ISpool4U

Established Member
An Ecoboost? Good luck with that...

Anyways, the NPG 3.7l would be the I would go. It would allow to maintain a stock looking engine bay and functionality.

A turbo set up is nice, but frankly these cars have a hard to time putting down serious power. Sure you can strengthen the drivetrain with aftermarket stuff to a point, but ultimately the platform is limited with FWD and the fact you can only fit so wide of a tire on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread