If it were your Cobra....?

reis_jsr

Established Member
alright i wanto to apologize in advance for yet another retarded post but I just have to ask cause Im lost as hell. so I am in the big IQ once again this time when i get back my mission is to have the baddest 96 cobra thats completely streetable (without spending over 20,000) I know Im buying a 96 cobra asap when i get back. I need to know from u experienced guyz if it were your cobra what would you get? Im looking for a safe 600hp id like to keep it with a centri blower. not the hugest fan of turbo or twin screw. Also what kind of supporting mods will i need? thanx guys

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
20k including the cost of the car?

buy one already done b/c that may not be easy...

Figure 10k for the car.. 3k for a blower... 6k for a built motor...5k in spporting mods, ie injectors, tune, drag radials, exhaust, clutch, transmission and rear...

and thats if you do the work yourself... 600hp aint cheap with these cars.. best bet, buy it already done for alot less..

Take a look arounf the market section...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=244

reis_jsr

Established Member
yeah good call, thanx. when i buy one itll be one from a member of this site. I learned the hard way a while back youll get screwed if you try to sell after you mod your ride, but you get the hook up if your buying. So i will only buy one with a built motor and trans at least. should b able to make something happen with 20,000 after those pieces are taken care of I HOPE.

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
This project is just like anything else in life where you have a budget... RESEARCH.

Here is what i did... Make a list with EVERY possible thing you could need with prices. I did mine in a excel spreadsheet. You also need to shop around on alot of stuff, dont expect to order all the parts from one place.

If you dont do this... you are gonna kill your budget by thinking you can afford all these big ticket items, then forget about all the small things that actually pull the car together.

Engine:

Intake:

Heads:

Timing:

Fuel:

Cam:

Oil:

Cooling:

Wiring:

Engine Accessories:

Transmission:

Rearend:

Suspension:

Exhaust:

Brakes:

Interior:

Exterior:

Misc:

If you want, i can PM you my list to show you how long it is, and it doesn't even include alot of the small misc things.

GL with the build... But dont expect to just put a 600hp engine in a car and expect for everything thing to be perfect and make you the fastest thing on the street.

Last edited:

reis_jsr

Established Member
i appreciate the post PM me with that list if its not too much trouble for ya, Very good point ill have to keep in mind

My94GT

Established Member
20 grand is alot to spend but can easily be over spent. be wise about what you spend your money on. set a goal stick to it and shop around. my initial budget i blew out of the water :lol1:

reis_jsr

Established Member
yeah, plan is to find one already built. improve slightly on the already built motor and trans. get a supercharger and then hit up the small stuff. hopefully i can find one already built otherwise your right that 20gs will be gone before i can get anything done

My94GT

Established Member
also finding one with a stock motor and a sc on it isnt a bad idea. then just build the motor, rear, suspension and trans. stock heads will get you to your goals

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
forget the centri blower. Get a twin screw. I had 708 RWHP from my Novi 2000 and I switched to a KB that made 642 RWHP was 10x more fun to drive.

My94GT

Established Member
forget the centri blower. Get a twin screw. I had 708 RWHP from my Novi 2000 and I switched to a KB that made 642 RWHP was 10x more fun to drive.

the only problem is that the kbs they make for b headed cars arent intercooled. it really depends on the end goal for the car and the power level thats desired.

stock b heads are (from what i read) good heads maybe just refresh them a built bottom end and a vortec t- trim or procharger d1-sc is what i would personally do. then the suspension, fule, trans, ect....and befor you know it youve dumped ton of money haha

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Almost makes more sense to pick up a kb or Whipple 03-04 especially with the prices they are going for now a days..

Last edited:

SpittingCobra

Established Member
There is a Pacific Green one for sale with 1000+hp. He's asking $28k I think. Sounds perfect for you. Already done, no headaches! GO FOR IT!

They just banned the guy for talkin sh**, so I can't find the thread, but the car was professionally built, featured in MM&FF.

Last edited:

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
why more fun w/twin screw? i know you have instant boost but why are they more fun??

Thats exacty why.. Instant Boost. Nothing is better than i twin screw for a street car. Ride in a Car with a Vortech, then one with a Kenne Bell. HUGE Difference

Users who are viewing this thread