If I have a donor car can I add on a shaker pro subwoofer?

Slostjoe

Established Member
I have a 2011 Mustang GT premium with the shaker Pro sub woofer, I also own a 2014 Mustang GT premium with the shaker 500 how hard would it be to add the sub woofer to the 2014 vehicle?

I still obviously need the audio system to work in the 2011 is this possible it seems as if it would be very easy perhaps plug-and-play?

Thank you in advance for the advice!

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
At a minimum you would need to add/move all the wiring for the truck sub and get the radio reprogrammed for the Shaker 1000 setup. For all the trouble it's going to cause you I personally would just add something like a JL Stealthbox and amp. My car has (had) the factory trunk sub and honestly felt it was a waste of money. I've had single 10" sub setups hit way harder.

Or just replace the door subs and amp and forgot the trunk sub. It takes some effort but well worth it in the end.

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
who needs more than the shaker 500 anyways?
i think its sounds great.......... sure its not the best, but it still pounds pretty good....

96svtdriver

Established Member
who needs more than the shaker 500 anyways?
i think its sounds great.......... sure its not the best, but it still pounds pretty good....

Shaker is hot garbage compared to the previous Mach460 in both sound and quality of parts. If you were to put the speakers from each side by side there's no comparison to be made, the older Mach units are superior. To say it's not the best is a stretch. It's quality definitely is not worth the increased cost for the option.

As to the question from the OP, I'd say it's hard to say if the ShakerPro sub is all plug and play. Things like that tend to change over time so make sure you get all the parts you can collect from the donor, get the audio wiring diagrams from both year cars if they're different and compare as necessary. At worst it's likely it could be made to work by some cutting, splicing and a little solder work in the right places. I've done a couple of Mach1000 installs on the older 96-98 Mach setups that weren't supposed to be able to work with it and it was just a matter of tapping into the right wires and cutting off some unnecessary connectors that didn't have existing mating connectors on the older Mach setup. 'Mach1000 HU' be damned! lol

But in all seriousness, if you look at the wiring diagrams for these and compare them to the typical Shaker setup, chances are you'll see wires that are going to the HU that may or may not exist already in the car. These will have to be added or possibly you may have to rip out all the wiring that is audio related front to back along with the HU if it's anything like the older Mach stuff. Or another possibility is that Ford was smart and made that unnecessary entirely and you can use the same stock HU you currently have. If it all gets to the point where it seems too complicated to do all this or expensive, you might look at wiring in an aftermarket sub. It might end up being less headache unless you really enjoy the clean look stock typically gives.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread