If I Get a Fiore Clutch Quadrant Do I HAVE to Get the Firewall Adjuster?

Cold Brew

Established Member
My cobra shifts poopy so I want to try a new quadrant but im wondering if I have to get the firewall adjuster also?

Thing is, I dont know how to properly set it so that I dont fry the clutch or the TOB, and I cant afford to risk it. My clutch pedal engages exactly where I like it right now so can I just get the quadrant and call it good?

Cold Brew

Established Member
04TNCobra said:
Yeah you need the adjuster too. The stock quadrant has the adjuster built into it.

Check this out, it's what I ended up doing.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313294

ok, cool. I'll definitely get the quadrant and firewall adjuster and possibly the stuff in that thread you posted.

My only concern is properly adjusting it so that I dont fry my TOB. I remember reading in a thread about looking through some peep hole and making sure the forks are 1/4 from the TOB or something like that??

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Cold Brew said:
ok, cool. I'll definitely get the quadrant and firewall adjuster and possibly the stuff in that thread you posted.

My only concern is properly adjusting it so that I dont fry my TOB. I remember reading in a thread about looking through some peep hole and making sure the forks are 1/4 from the TOB or something like that??

The TOB should be about 1/8 inch, maybe slightly less, away from the PP fingers. That will insure that you have the correct freeplay.
Once this is set properly and you feel the freeplay in the pedal, you will not have to use the inspection cover to set the freeplay. You will be able to tell just from the feel of the pedal.

The inspection cover is on the driver's side of the bellhousing and covers the cable. It is held on with one small bolt.

Dana

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
If you go with the LDC Freeplay Kit (highly recommended), then use the instructions included for adjustment.

However, if you choose not to use the LDC product :eek: , then you should adjust as follows:

Start by adjusting so there is a little freeplay at the pedal. I use my hand on the clutch pedal and adjust so the pedal will move about 1/2" freely. Then, I make mior adjustments with the engine running so the clutch engages properly to my satisfaction (this should be done where there is plenty of room, such as an empty parking lot or a long driveway with no near obstacals.

Good luck.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Cold Brew said:
My cobra shifts poopy so I want to try a new quadrant but im wondering if I have to get the firewall adjuster also?

Thing is, I dont know how to properly set it so that I dont fry the clutch or the TOB, and I cant afford to risk it. My clutch pedal engages exactly where I like it right now so can I just get the quadrant and call it good?

Do your self a favor and get the kit..You won't get the proper adjustment with just a quadrant. We have them in stock and ready to rock. Jared@Lethal

Cold Brew

Established Member
Dana said:
The TOB should be about 1/8 inch, maybe slightly less, away from the PP fingers. That will insure that you have the correct freeplay.
Once this is set properly and you feel the freeplay in the pedal, you will not have to use the inspection cover to set the freeplay. You will be able to tell just from the feel of the pedal.

The inspection cover is on the driver's side of the bellhousing and covers the cable. It is held on with one small bolt.

Dana

Do you have a picture referencing this inspection cover or can you point it out somewhere? Im not really sure what im looking for...

So when I click the adjustments on the firewall adjuster I will see that the PP fingers are getting closer/farther from the TOB?

Cold Brew

Established Member
Im assuming this isnt something I can see unless the car is up on stands

04TNCobra

Mystichrome #794
Established Member
That's correct, you won't see it until you are under it but it's obvious once you are under there. It's a big sheet metal looking cover. The clutch cable comes in the front and the cover is behind that where the cable attaches.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
i run billetflow and steeda stuff. the stock crap sucks for racing

Users who are viewing this thread