If I enlist, should I keep the L or get a newer one??

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
I am thinking real serious about enlisting in the US Air Force. I want to be a MP for two years then go OSI. Should I keep the L since its almost paid for and repaint it, lower it, build the block and throw some clean rims on it?? Or should I buy a new L and do the same stuff. Either way I plan to go turbo. The reason why I am considering this is because my truck has around 127,000 miles on it, but my motor and tranny is around 30,---.

Thanks
J Nizzle

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
if it was my choice...id keep it and build it up. shit you said you are almost done paying it off. just finish up then throw everything you got at it (within reason) :)

usaf_eagle

Established Member
dont do security forces!!!! lol.. i mean if you dont mind sittin in a chair for 8 hours a day then go for it... but anyways.. get a new one if you dont mind puttin in the extra time and effort to swap over all the parts.. its up to you..

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Keep it then build the **** out of it..........Leave it with Patrick and just send checks LOL.......

J-Rod76

2001 Lightning
Established Member
usaf_eagle said:
dont do security forces!!!! lol.. i mean if you dont mind sittin in a chair for 8 hours a day then go for it... but anyways.. get a new one if you dont mind puttin in the extra time and effort to swap over all the parts.. its up to you..

:nono: I second not going in as an "MP". Just curious why you want to go in as an "MP" (they are called "SP" in the AF BTW)? The Security Forces career field is normally difficult to cross train out of. If you want some more information about enlisting in the AF from someone who is not a recruiter PM me and I’ll be glad help you out.

As far as your original question goes... I keep it and build it strong. If it is almost paid off just think of all the extra money you will have to build it, especially after spending a 6 moths or so deployed.

Dizz SVT

Established Member
id say stick with it to , it anit like your going to keep it stock , and think about that extra $ 400 - 500 a month can go in the truck rather than to the finance company !

autodad

Established Member
Well, just know this buddy, if you join up, you will go over. no doubt about it. no contract will ensure you wont, don't buy it. YOU WILL GO OVER! Now if that is what you want then great. and as a MP you will go often. but just please understand if you join the military, any service, you will go to war. Our country is at war right now and if you join the service you will go over. if your recruiter says other wise, find a honest one. I'm not saying that is a problem or a wrong decision, i just want you to fully understand, you will go to war. I would never go back and not do it, but i wouldn't go again either. If you want to serve your country we all support you but just don't buy into the you can sign up go to collage and never go to war. not right now you can't.

02TrueBlu

Established Member
autodad said:
Well, just know this buddy, if you join up, you will go over. no doubt about it. no contract will ensure you wont, don't buy it. YOU WILL GO OVER! Now if that is what you want then great. and as a MP you will go often. but just please understand if you join the military, any service, you will go to war. Our country is at war right now and if you join the service you will go over. if your recruiter says other wise, find a honest one. I'm not saying that is a problem or a wrong decision, i just want you to fully understand, you will go to war. I would never go back and not do it, but i wouldn't go again either. If you want to serve your country we all support you but just don't buy into the you can sign up go to collage and never go to war. not right now you can't.

that was a sweet and honest first post... but he is absolutly right, for the 3 years i was in it was either getting ready to go to Iraq.... being in Iraq... and recooping from being in Iraq.... Dont be an MP.. you'll hate it. Do something you can really use when you get out (rather than be a cop) ill talk with you a little more in person

Users who are viewing this thread