If I could just have about five seconds of your time...

toast

Established Member
My sister submitted a photo in a contest for a scholarship and out of thousands she has actually made it into the top 50. It is based off votes and it literally takes about 5 seconds to vote, its clearly marked right next to the picture. I know I mainly lurk and am not super active or anything but if you could help me out Id really appreciate it, we are buying a house together for school next week and could use the help!

Brickfish Social Media: Flying V

I posted this on 3.8mustang.com (my roots where I still post :p) and her photo jumped 40 ranks over night so it has given me the courage to spread the word more and try to get it higher up where it belongs. Thank you in advance for your time.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I wouldn't normally vote but it's a cool picture. Thankfully you do not have to register or anything. Good luck to your sister.

toast

Established Member
Thanks guys, Im glad you like it. Im not one to peddle votes for something like this but Im starting to get really excited about it. There are 80,000+ entries and shes in the top 50 and I do honestly think its among the better photos in the contest. The #1 pic is garbage, I suspect foul play :p. Anyways she jumped from like 87 to 48 last night and with 2 days left it got me pretty excited about just the possibility of winning and gave me the guts to come grovel for some votes here. Every little bit helps!

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I voted for you.. However, there's no way you can win. #1 pictures has 90,000+ votes while your picture only has 16,000 votes.

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
You could go groveling to 4chan.org and beg /b/ to help you.. it could either give you tens of thousands of votes.. or take them away.. Make up some sort of cat story or something.. or post in the photos forum..

toast

Established Member
I voted for you.. However, there's no way you can win. #1 pictures has 90,000+ votes while your picture only has 16,000 votes.

Fortunately, as far as I know, the top 3 will receive the scholarship prize. I have also been lucky enough to have a good deal of support from 3.8. Some of the members there are spreading it to other forums so its really going viral right now. Even if she doesnt win the experience has been extremely positive, I was skeptical from the start and the amount of support just from 3.8 has been amazing. :rockon:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I'll send this to my sister tomorrow. She's at SCAD and I'm sure she can spread it around there.

toast

Established Member
You could go groveling to 4chan.org and beg /b/ to help you.. it could either give you tens of thousands of votes.. or take them away.. Make up some sort of cat story or something.. or post in the photos forum..

Thats actually a really good idea. Id have to be super careful about how I went about that though..

toast

Established Member
are they serious? they gave the top 3 spots to some horrible photographers! I could snap something better on the can!

Thats part of what got me so fired up to try and get some publicity for my sisters photos. I dont wanna be a bad sport but those are seriously not the most artistic photographs I have ever seen.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Helping spread the word a bit...

[ame=http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10293653#post10293653]Mustang Forum - Mustang World - Quick help for a local mustang owner[/ame]

[ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?p=9070737#post9070737]Help a local mustang owner - Corral Forums[/ame]

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/792732-help-local-mustang-owner.html#post7983349

[ame="http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1751951#post1751951"]Can I get a little help? - OrlandoForums.com :: #1 Online Community for Central Florida[/ame]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread