If company charges your CC, and you don't have enough, will you get a negative?

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
I'm just wondering if a company charges your credit card for say $100, but you only have a remaining credit left of say $50... Will the company get their money and leave you a Negative - $50 for the amount that you will need to owe the CC company? Or does the credit card tell the company that there is insufficient funds on the card and they can't complete the transaction?

JasonSnake

Established Member
I think in some circumstances your CC will be declined and in others it would work. For example, if I only have $4 on my card and I go to Taco Bell and buy something worth $5, it won't go through. However, with the same $4, I go to a gas station and fill her up, it will go through, along with an over limit fee. I believe the gas stations checks to make sure you have at least $1 in the account before it lets you pump.

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
It was my mistake... I was solicited by a 3rd party company trying to recruit me for what I found out is a Pyramid Scheme. Gave them my CC number and they were gonna charge $100 for my fee to join. But then I find out they are gonna charge me $25 every month for working for them. It's just all BS Scamming crap.

I just called up my credit card company and I chose the "Lost/Stolen" option and the operator read off my recent transactions that I did. Luckily, I didn't hear the charge of $100 for this 3rd party company, so I closed the account. And it said any future charges to it will be decline. They transferred my balance and everything to a new account and they're going to mail me a new card in 3-7 days. PHEW!! Crap. I was pissing my pants! I feel so relieved now.

john_anch_ak

It was my mistake... I was solicited by a 3rd party company trying to recruit me for what I found out is a Pyramid Scheme. Gave them my CC number and they were gonna charge $100 for my fee to join. But then I find out they are gonna charge me $25 every month for working for them. It's just all BS Scamming crap.

I just called up my credit card company and I chose the "Lost/Stolen" option and the operator read off my recent transactions that I did. Luckily, I didn't hear the charge of $100 for this 3rd party company, so I closed the account. And it said any future charges to it will be decline. They transferred my balance and everything to a new account and they're going to mail me a new card in 3-7 days. PHEW!! Crap. I was pissing my pants! I feel so relieved now.

You've probably learned a good lesson here. Don't ever give your CC number to anyone you didn't contact. If any "company" calls you and wants either personal information or a CC number do not give it to them. You can do several things that are fun, just put the phone down and let them babble until they have figured out you're not going for their scam, go over to your stereo, put the phone next to the speaker and crank it up full blast!, (I like doing that one most of all), or just hang up on the lousy thieves.

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
Yeah. I was going to wait it out and see if the charge takes place...But I didn't want to take that chance and then my CC actually does give me a negative and mess up my APR and everything. I think I did the right decision by reporting the card stolen so they froze any future transactions to the card and transferring my current balance and credit to a new card.

What a mess, Never trust 3rd party companies or Financial Institutions with bullcrap. BTW for anybody who wants to know who the 3rd party company was, its called Primerica. I Googled it a bit now and I'm so glad that I researched it now because I see is Primerica Scams and how people who paid them the $100 Introduction fee never saw their money again.

needSVTsoon

Established Member
Where I work in college, I have declined a lot of people who have went over thier balance on a credit card. Im not saying it's the same for every credit card but this is what i've dealt with.

Users who are viewing this thread