Idling problems....

TheGrinch

Established Member
I just put a 2.8 pulley on my car a week ago. I have been having idling problems since I put the pulley in. I took the car back to Steeda to have them reprogram the chip and they set my idle at 900 rpms. I have an SCT chip and I don't know what to do. Tonight my car would barely idle with the chip in and would not idle without the chip in. Everything was fine a week ago before I went to Steeda. Any replies would be great cuz I don't know what else to do. Thanks!

Last edited:

TheGrinch

Established Member
my friends stock 04 cobra is here and i was wondering if i could switch parts off of his cobra and put them on mine.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
I think you have a bad tune. I've never heard of a pulley causing idle problems. Did you reboot after taking the chip off? Unplug the negative lead on the battery and then turn on the headlights for a minute to drain the comp of any power. See if that changes anything.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Chip?

Hey Seth,
What kind of idling problem do you have (high, low, up & down?)
Man, I never had any problems with the Diablo chip Steeda burned for me. I'm not familiar with the SCT chips.

If you cant get it resolved your welcome to pop my chip in there to see if its your tune. Let me know.

PS - Have you checked your plugs? What was your A/F like on the dyno? Maybe if your tune was off (lean) you could have hurt a plug? If you havent checked them I'd start there.
Good Luck,
Scott

White01Cobra

Established Member
When we started Seth's car it would go from 1000 rpms straight down to nothing. It worked a little better with the chip in, but with the chip in and the chip out, the end result was the same.

Users who are viewing this thread